Sunday, October 10, 2010

Up For a Challenge! MMSC74 & PDCC50

Alas, it's Sunday night and I'm dreading the work thing tomorrow! So in usual fashion, I've buried myself in my craft room trying to escape from thoughts of the work week and created this card for two challenges. 

I seldom do one card for two challenges but it just worked out that way with this one.  The colors are for the Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC50 - White, Green and Melon.  The wonderful sketch that I followed is compliments of Priscilla at Midnight Madness MMSC74.

When I saw the MMSC74 sketch, I thought of this stamp creation. Can you believe this is created from one single stamp?!  Well it is!  It's a stamp from Holly Berry House that I saw demonstrated at a craft show this summer.  I had intended to do just this with it - a single statement/focal point for Christmas cards.  Thanks to Julie Ranae at the Play Date Cafe, I'm getting an early start on my cards!  The green and white ornate panels are a digital stamp from Sugar Creek Hollow - a new one from the Christmas image release.

This picture shows the layers achieved with this single stamp.  To create this effect, you stamp the image on different colors of cardstock and cut out each layer following a variety of cutting lines.  Truly the sky is the limit on how many unique medallions you can create with the one stamp.  Here I chose three varying shades of green and three varying intensities of melon.  In all, there are eight layers to created this medallion.  Not difficult, just a lot of cutting. In the end, it looks very dramatic and has a grand presence on a card. 

Tell me what you think by leaving a comment below.  Thanks for stopping by!
P.S.  Those who visit my blog regularly will notice I've changed my look for Fall.  I haven't given up on my cherries theme - just retiring it until next spring.  All the papers and embellishments used to create this blog look were purchasing through Shabby Miss Jen designs.  A link to the SMJ website is on my left sidebar.



Recipe:
Stamps - Sugar Creek Hollow "Christmas Plaque"; Holly Berry House "1343L"
Paper - Papertrey Ink White, Melon Berry, Avocado; SU Poppy, Regal Rose, Olive, Celery
Accessories - Glitter stickers, red pearl brads from Recollections; Spellbinders "In Spades" die (ribbon embellishments), Cuttlebug embossing folder

 

18 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, wonderful dimension on your medallion image! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

marsha said...

Sharon, this is just yummy! I love all the layers, your medallion and the fabulous images from Sugar Creek Hollow! This is just a masterpiece girl! Definitely a fave of mine this week! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I hope you will come back and play along with us again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD

Julie Ranae said...

Those medallions are beautiful to work with...have you tried them with glitter yet? Stunning effects!
Really lovely use of the colors this week, Sharon!

Zue said...

I love your layered flower and the texture you have there is lovely.
Sue xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful sharon, what lovely colors.

greetings karin

Heide said...

Way to go Sharon!! Two for one! Beautiful card, great layers and I love the plain embossed corners, they show off the medallion.

Tracy Vinson said...

OOOOOoooooo Sharon...I almost forgot totally about the card when I saw your new blog design. LOVE IT...and i am sure you did it yourself!!! Anyway, back to the card...tee hee...Super lovely card this week. I love all the layers. We want to express our thanks in joining us for this weeks challenge. We greatly appreciate your support! Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous layered centrepiece Sharon, love how you've used two shades of melon there. Truly stunning card, thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Sharon!
This is fab! Love how the pale green makes the red center just burst with life and colors.

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

WOW Sharon, your card this week is amazing with all those layers! Beautiful floral center and the background definately allows this beauty to pop out! Gorgeous details as always! Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Renee Matarese said...

Sharon, this is awesome. I need to incorperate some stamps into a background. This is beautiful. I love the colors and the design!

Carol Hurlock said...

Sharon I love all the beautiful color and layers on this fabulous card. What a wonderful display of artistry. Great job on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

pam124 said...

Sharon, I'm so glad I looked on your blog too as the layers of the flower are pure BEAUTY. Oooh, I love your MMSC card. Your panels, diecuts and embossing are top notch. LOVE your version of the sketch!!

Hugs
pam124

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Sharon - you always nail the MMSC so beautifully and this is no exception! I love that image and your gorgeous colours! I am loving this!! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHH! Just love all the details and layers on that flower! So beautiful! Pops right off the card! Great job and beautifully done:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Jean Franks Beck said...

What a beautiful card! Love all the dimension!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous design, how beautifully intricate! Great job with our color story as well! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Dawn B. said...

Wow look at all those layers.. They are fantastic.. What a great way to use this set..I am LOVING your new blog look.. You are so talented.. You should take it up as a job.hehe. Sorry I have not visited lately..