Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Teddy Bear

Happy Wednesday friends! Here's the last of my Halloween cards this years featuring this adorable teddy bear dressed up like pumpkin. The image is from StampFairy, the sponsor this week of the new challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Here the sketch to follow for the challenge this week. I love the look of this and it goes together quickly. This is quite versatile - can look very vintage with a lacy diecut or more contemporary depending how you mat the oval panel. The same with the strips running horizontally - lace, ribbon or paper (as I used) changes the look of the layout - so many different effects to create with this one sketch! Great job with it Sally!

We're thrilled to have StampFairy again as our sponsor this week. Gerda does such a fantastic job with the adorable images she creates - they are all irresistibly cute, whimsical and loved by all of us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

The grand prize winner of the sketch challenge this week will receive a $10 gift certificate to the StampFairy shop.  Thanks for your generous sponsorship Gerda!

I chose this "Barry Halloween" image to create my card. Barry is my favorite teddy bear at StampFairy and he is so darn cute in his pumpkin costume for Halloween. He was brought to life with copic markers and the papers are from Cosmo Cricket. I found this sketch to be perfect for the larger print DP since it shows a great deal of it. The frilly edge of the orange oval panel (as in the sketch) was created with a larger oval diecut and snipping it all the way around the oval image.

Now pop on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and take a look at the darling cards the design team created with StampFairy images. You will love them!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Joanna M. said...

Such a sweet bear Sharon.

Sally Dube said...

Absolutely precious!! Beautifull colored and I adore your papers!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love that sweet teddy! Fantastic card layout and color choice! I love the fringed frame!
<3 Emily L.

Linda Anderson said...

So adorable Sharon! Love your sweet image and fabulous papers.

Linda

Unknown said...

Great card Sharon.

Gorgeous papers (I agree - it's nice to be able to see the larger print ones) and love your fringing.

Holly
xx

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, I've just realise that I didn't comment on last weeks DT cards I'm so sorry. Love your card this image is really cute and looks awesome especially with those wonderful colours and great design paper. Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox