Sunday, May 16, 2010

Heide's Birthday

This card is for my dear friend Heide.  We had such a good time on her birthday with the rest of the gals from our stamping club.  We all spent the day at the StampScrapArtTour rubber stamping show - spending up a storm on new stamps, embellishments and gotta have "toys".  It was such fun!  And to top it off, I ended up winning a $100 gift certificate at the show!  I couldn't believe it -- and of course I didn't have any trouble spending it either, LOL!

For this card I used a new stamp from Hero Arts.  I really like this bicycle stamp.  I inked it up using my Stampin' Up markers in Mambo Melon, Soft Suede, Black and Razzleberry.  I added a touch of Curry on the pedal gear and the basket. 

In the basket, I thought it would be cute to fill it with flowers so I used my Flower Soft "Spring" and it really makes it pop.  From there the image was cut out using my Spellbinders Labels 4 dies.  The background paper is Basic Grey "Green at Heart" and the cardstock used is Soft Suede and Melon Mambo also from Stampin' Up.  I just added some free-hand doodles with a white gel pen around the soft suede image panel - an idea I picked up from the stamp show we were at today.

So that's it at the end of a wonderful day with my dear stamping friends and BFF Heide on her birthday.

Thanks a bunch for stopping in and visiting my blog today.  Let me know what you think...

Sharon

4 comments:

Heide said...

Awwwww....Thanks Sharon, I had such a great time, I could not think of a better way to spend my Birthday! It was so much fun!!
I love how this card turned out, the flowers really look great and I love how you colored the bike. This is such a fun happy card!

Emma Fewkes said...

Wonderful! I love how you came straight home and did some doodles. How great does THAT look!

Ah yes, Flower Soft, I have 4 pots of that and NEVER opened it! Tee Hee.

Love the bicycle, too clever to use markers to ink it up.

Wonderful job, as always, Sharon!

Cindy said...

Dang, it's Tuesday already and I haven't even unpacked my bag from the stamp fair. You've already made a fabulous card AND posted it on your blog. But you didn't play golf with a heavy metal rocker ... so we're even. HA! Love the card and your new blog design is divine.

ChristineCreations said...

What great colors you've given your bike with the markers! SO cute!