Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby Bee - Play Date Cafe Challenge 30


This was a quicky card for a baby gift of a coworker using a couple supplies that I've been waiting to play with but haven't quite found the time until today.  I'm also entering this card in the Play Date Cafe Challenge 30 because the focal colors I've used in the card are a match for this week's PDCC.  Thanks so much to Julie at Julie's Open Window for bringing this to my attention and getting me interested in this weekly challenge! (Need inspiration? - go to Julie's blog and see her amazing creations. They are gorgeous works of art.)  Here's the link to the Play Date Cafe Challenge blog.  And here is the inspiration for the colors specified in this week's challenge:


Now on to the card itself.....I've used PaperTrey Ink's Baby Button Bits stamp set for the main image including the "Cute as a Button" saying.  Every image in that set is darling but I choose to go with the bee.  The image is embellished with buttons also from PTI. 

What is hard to see in the pictures is the bit of shimmer mist I sprayed on the focal image to sparkle it up a bit and to help it stand out.  I haven't used my shimmer mist in awhile, but now that I brought it out I was shimmering up a storm on every card I made after this one!!  After all, who doesn't like sparkles on a card?

The other new toy I used here is the ric rac die from PaperTrey.  I love ric rac anyway and this die is a dream to use - cuts through paper like butter with nice crisp edges.  I think it's a perfect touch for this baby card.

And finally, the DP I used is from Little Yellow Bicycle, "Baby Safari" line.  The polka-dot background paper is one of my perky favorites.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Love this card Sharon. So cute. And you are getting very fancy with your photos. Even including the DSP in the background. Where did you find that darling DSP anyway? And after seeing your card I think I might have to get that rick rack die. And that corner punch is pretty darn special, too.

Heide said...

Cute, I like the soft colors and fun polka dots!

Julie Ranae said...

Sharon...thank you for stopping by Julie's Open Window. It's always nice to hear from you!

You need to run, not walk, over to The Play Date Cafe and enter this card for this week's challenge....it's perfect for the color combo!
Adorable : )

Sharon Basel said...

Hey Julie Ranae -
Thanks for the tip! You'll see that I've altered my blog post to include the reference and links to the Play Date Cafe Challenge blog.

Sharon

Lisa Somerville said...

Creative use of buttons! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and cute creation, Sharon! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable button bee! Lovely design. Glad you decided to join us at PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That button bee is so cute! I love this card--super sweet:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)