Saturday, June 5, 2010

Whimsical Birthday


I enjoyed my Saturday in my craft room - first cleaning it up and reorganizing my stamps and supplies, then trying my hand at some techniques that I learned at a local stamp show several weeks ago.  This card is one of those.

To start, I pulled out my new stamps from Art Gone Wild..."Birthday & Sweets" and the "Square Clear Set".  The images are about 1 inch square and colored with my Stampin' Up markers.  I sponged the edges a bit with Regal Rose ink.  I stamped the dotted squares on SU "Tea Party" paper and then punched them out using my SU scallop circle punch - centering the square within the outer edges of the punch.  I then scored on the lines and folded up the edges to frame the images.  In another version of the same DP paper set, I punched 2" scallop circles with a Paper Shapers punch and then mounted the centers on them.  I just used a little 1/4-inch celery grosgrain ribbbon to act like flower stems and leaves.  The card base and background panels are in Pretty in Pink, Celery and Tea Party DP. 

Pretty easy and a whimsical look I like.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sharon

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Well isn't this clever.. I love the way that scallop punch looks around your stamped image.. Great technique.. Have a super day..:)