Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gordon - High Hopes Challenge #81

This is one of my favorite High Hopes stamps. The little critter's name is Gordon.  Doesn't he just crack you up?!  I had decided to use Gordon on the Dad's Day card I made for my son to give to my hubby since their bellies look about the same!!!!  This also meets the High Hopes Challenge #81 which is "anything goes". 


I started by coloring my friend Gordon with my Copic markers and he is a fun one to color (most of the High Hopes stamps are).  I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 6 dies to cut out the image and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz' "Old Paper" distress ink. 

The Terracotta layer (Papertrey Ink cardstock) was also created using the Nesties Label 6 dies and then distressed using Papertrey Ink's impression plate "linen and canvas".  The sentiments are from Amuse stamps.  I used Stamping Up's Bordering Blue paper for the back panel, embossed the texture from a Cuttlebug "diamond plate" embossing folder and sponged the edges with the same color ink. The card base is SU River Rock cardstock.

You just can't help but smile at Gordon and his teeth and belly.  Hope you like this stamp and card as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping by my blog!

5 comments:

Renkata said...

Sharon, very funny card have you created, make me feel happy!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, love the fab image.
luv
Debby

Heide said...

Gordon just cracks me up too! Love you coloring and how you used the nesties. super cute little brads too!

Dawn B. said...

Awww how cute is he.. We have had men working across the street this week and they did not look this good.. Great job..

Emma Fewkes said...

Shriek ~ he's so darn cute!!!!