Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Italian Shoes - PDCC41

This week at the Play Date Cafe the challenge is all about "Italian Style" and I love the warm Tuscany colors. For this challenge, I took the Italian theme literally and with some humor! I was feeling a bit quirky tonight and thought I'd have some fun with it this week!

I created my own background paper by first brushing ink onto SU Vanilla cardstock with my color dusters and masking tape - just repositioning it several times to get the colors overlapping.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge and Barn Door. 

The images stamped in a collage fashion are from a new set that I got this past weekend at the annual Heirloom Stamp Show near me.  They are TJ Designs Rubber Stamps "Italian Artist" collection.  (I told you I took this Italian Style challenge literally-LOL!)  I love these stamps and I really like doing these collage-type backgrounds.  The images are stamped in Vintage Photo distress ink and the same ink was used to distress the edges of the paper.  The background was then embossed using a flourish-type folder from Cuttlebug (name unknown).  You can see the additional texture it provides on the background panel in the close-up photo below.

The spaghetti shoe image and saying are from Lockhart Stamp Co. (2038 and 10015) and colored using my Copic markers.  I masked it off and stamped a starburst stamp from Just For Fun rubber stamps in the Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge ink to tone down the brightness of the cardstock and help in blending it in with the intense colors of the background.  It was die cut with a Spellbinders Label 5 die and mounted on a traced image of the same die but cut with my scissors.  The base cardstock was SU Ruby Red and Peach Parfait.  I tried the scrunched up ribbon technique (yes, scrunched up is the technical term !!) for the first time and added a PTI vintage button to the bow to finish things off.  

I like the warm colors and how this card turned out - especially the background paper.  Tell me what you think.....?  Thanks for stopping by : )

Ciao!
 
Recipe:
Stamps- Lockhart Stamp Co., TJ Designs Rubber Stamps "Italian Artist" collection, Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door
Cardstock - SU Ruby Red, Peach Parfait, Vanilla, Whisper White
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, Fiskars Heritage corner punch, Spellbinders Label 5 dies, ScorTape, PTI Ribbon and Button


6 comments:

Heide said...

Sharon, Your card made me smile!
Great BG and beautiful ribbon treatment!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful distressed BG, great combination of images. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Such a lovely elegant card, really stylish! Great use of our colours, beautiful distressing! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Suzanne C said...

This is just fun! Love the Italian shoes I have a good friend who would love a shoes card! Especially Italian! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

SHELLY TAROCKOFF said...

wow.. fab.. totally my favorite.

ChristineCreations said...

Now how fun is this! Totally great colors and beautiful ribbon work!