Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life's More Amusing Than We Thought!

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch challenge and we have a wonderful design for you this week.  We also have a new sponsor for the challenge this week - Deidre Mosher Designs and you'll love her images that our team is showcasing.

Here's the terrific sketch to follow.  It's our monthly blast from the past sketch - one of our favorites from week 96 that we're bringing back for this challenge.  It makes for a fabulous card design and I hope you'll try it this week.

We're really excited about our new sponsor this week, Deidre Mosher Designs.  Deidre has tons of fun, whimsical digi stamps that we had a great time creating with our sketch this week.  She's an artist and illustrator for more than 25 years and I love her wonderful stamps.  Check out all her terrific digi stamps at her Etsy store:  Deidre Mosher Designs.  The lucky Grand Prize winner of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge will receive a $10 gift certificate for Deidre's digi stamps.  Thanks so much Deidre!

I chose this amusing image, Domino the Funny Dog, to create with which comes with the fun sentiment.  I thought how "amusing" to have a dog in yellow and colored him that way with Copic markers. I like the soft colors of the image against the strong background papers from Basic Grey's "Out of Print" collection.

The fun flower embellishment I created with a MS edge punch (the same used on the edge of the ribbon) and gathered it in a circular pattern.  The button covers up some of the rough edges and the pop dots I used to secure it.  The flourish is a MFT die.

I hope you'll join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!  Head over to the SSW blog and see the wonderfully whimsical Deidre Mosher Designs images the Divas created with to inspire you!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Wow Sharon, I lvoe the fun embellishment you have added to your card. It give your card such a nice whimsical feel. Your image is adorable and I love your fun papers and colors.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

A yellow dog wearing a hat is pure perfection!!! Love your "flower" and swirls. Gorgeous paper you used too Sharon.

Linda

Heide said...

Sharon,
What a fab card! Love, love love the image, It is Guinness! Love what you did with the flourish and boarder punch. Super cute.
Hugs, Heide

sweetbloominscraps said...

Sharon, I was so happy when you chose Domino. I just adore him. I love him yellow. What fun papers and a great embellishment with the MS border punch! Love your MFT Swirls too.
Hugs, Judi

Arlana 11426 said...

Sharon I love how you did your button embellishment. Your papers are so sweet as always. Love your dog image. So glad you did this adorably sweet card. Have a sweet day!!! HUGS Arlana

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your yellow dog and as soon as I viewed it I thought 'Old Yeller' from the book by Fred Gipson and of course the movie (you are too young to know any of this and that dog was a retriever) This doggy is hilarious and your design is fabulous, love the button flower!

Jeannie said...

I absolutely love how you colored in Domino! Your papers are gorgeous and so is the whole flower, swirls and button embellishment! Gorgeous!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Unknown said...

Sharon you pick the most adorable images , this one is just fabulous well done a gorgeous card Hugs Elaine

Patti P. said...

I loved the images for this week and yours was so much fun. I too love the contrast with your gorgeous bg. Love the button and all its extras.
hugs....

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, love your card very cute image and I just adore your design papers and wonderful embellishments especially your wonderful flower it looks totally amazing. Great card and have an wonderful week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox