Saturday, July 18, 2009

Clean and Simple

Last night was our monthly stamp camp at Emma's (Lady & The Stamp) and I am always inspired by Emma's display of cards and how clean and simple and oh so beautiful they are. I usually pledge to myself to emulate her cards with a more simplistic style in my own.

So since I was still hyped up after camp, I went to my "happy place" (craft room!) to create some quick and simple cards, ala Emma style.

I started with the templates by "Just For Fun" stamps - these are the greatest stamps and precut masks ever! I stamped the two different styles (4-panel and 3-panel dotted outlines) in Bayou Blue and then brushed on color using my stipple brushes. I used Saffron and Pumpkin Pie for the 3-panel and Soft Sky and Breeze for the 4-panel (with just a hint of mustard that I added later to warm up the images)

To add some additional interest, I lightly stamped (by first stamping off) a small script stamp from Just For Fun in each panel. These steps take about 5 minutes in total time and lay a beautiful and interesting foundation for the focal images.

From here, I just quickly stamped the four images from Stampin Up Pocket Silhouettes (which I got just for this technique) in each of the panels. These images are simple and clean also which is perfect for what I was trying to achieve.

And to add that little something, I stamped itty bitty images from Papertrey's Bird Watching and Honey Bees in one of the panels using a complimentary/contrasting color.

It was just that simple and fast. Composing the images onto the final cards is quick using the Fiskars "Stamp" decorative scissors to cut the edges and just simply mounted onto card stock from there. Three cards in about 45 minutes total time! Thanks for visiting my blog today!










Recipes:
Stamps: SU Pocket Silhouettes, Just For Fun - Postage Stamp outline and Script, Papertrey Ink - Honey Bees, Bird Watching
Cardstock: SU Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Mustard, Whisper White; Papertrey Ink White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Mustard, Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Artichoke; Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Accessories: Fiskars "Stamp" decorative scissors, SU scallop oval punch, EK Success scallop edge punch, SU Mustard ribbon, half-pearl embellishments

2 comments:

Heide said...

Sharon, these are beautiful, so simple and yet stunningly beautiful. Love your use of colors.

Laura said...

These turned out beautifully! Simple and elegant.