Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My First Blog Posting

Well, I'm on vacation (first vacation of the year) and have been stamping up a storm. I've started posting my card creations regularly on Splitcoast and have just created this blog to share my crafts.

For my first blog post, I'm highlighting the birthday card I've made for my dear niece, Olivia. At age 5 she is already a stamper following in my footsteps. She will love this card, and I know she'll look at it, analyze it and then try to make one like it herself. For part of her gift, I'm planning to give her the cardstock and designer paper that I've used so she can play too!

The card design was from a technique challenge on Splitcoast called a Tri-Shutter Card. Easy peasy and a fun technique to dress up or to leave rather simple highlighting the paper itself. A tutorial for the card is on The Craftiblog by clicking here. Credit to Bonnie Szwalkiewicz for the tutorial and the various adaptations of this technique. I've used the full card front version.

Cardstock: Stampin Up Cameo Coral, Cool Caribbean; Designer Paper: Imaginisce "Hey Foxy" and "Mushroom Fancy" papers; Stamps: Stampin Up "On Your Birthday"; Accessories: Rhinestones, Stampin Up punches - corner, circles, ovals, scallop circle and scallop oval.

5 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Love Olivia's card, Sharon. Great job on the blog too ... love it!

Debra said...

Very cute! Congrats on getting your blog up!

Pony said...

Super cute!

And congrats on the blog! Great job!

juniperbarn said...

Great job! I love that paper, super duper cute!

Heide said...

Sharon, Congrats to the new Blog, I am sure you will have a large following! I just Love your friendship and you work! XOXO, H