Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flower Garden

This was a fun card to make and pretty quick to put together.  I loved this DP by Making Memories (Vintage Findings) for the bright colors, texture and glossy finish (which was hard to photograph without the flash creating hotspots).  Because the DP is so bold, it really didn't need much in terms of a stamped image so I selected Papertrey Ink's "Garden of Life" set for the floral images and for the butterfly.  I thought these flowers coordinated well with the flowers in the paper.

I used the rock n' roll technique for stamping the flowers to add some depth and interest to the images and try to pick up the same colors.  For the butterfly, I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch with the same flower stamped image.  I coated it in Versamark and then heat embossed using SU Irridescent Ice EP to sparkle it up.  I used my Nesties Labels 9 dies to cut out the image panel and then distressed the edges with SU Soft Suede ink.  Both Stampin' Up and EK Success scallop border punches were used to edge the top panels in Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede SU In Colors.  I finished it off with Regal Rose ribbon to pick up the pink in the DP. 

Thanks for peeking in to view my creations!

1 comment:

Heide said...

What fun lively colors! Another great one Sharon!