Monday, March 29, 2010

Flutter By Butterfly

This is a quick birthday card I made up for a friend at work.  My inspiration for the colors was taken directly from the DP - Basic Grey's Indian Summer series.  The three main colors are Stampin' Up In Colors - Rich Razzleberry, Curry and Dusty Durango.  Before adherring my elements to the Razzleberry cardstock, I spritzed the card with a mix of SU champagne shimmer paint with 70% alcohol.  You can see a bit of the shimmer that gave to the base card.  I used this on the butterfly images to add a bit of sparkle there too.


The butterfly stamp is from SU Great Friend and I stamped it on the inner color ink first (from top: Curry, Durango, Melon Mambo) and then rocked and rolled the edges on the Razzleberry inkpad before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  I punched the butterflies out using my SU square punch but using different angles for some interest so they looked like they were fluttering by.  Each butterfly square was then mounted on Durango cardstock and popped up with dimensionals.  The Curry cardstock was punched using a Martha Stewart punch which I thought coordinated really well with the DP design.

Thanks for fluttering by my blog!  Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments: