Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #103

I can't believe it's already Wednesday - this week is flying by and that makes me very happy! Sweet Sketch Wednesday also makes me happy and today is the start of a new challenge and new sponsor there.


Our sponsor this week is The Stamping Boutique, owned by Tracey Malnofski, a wonderful digi and rubber stamp company with such a terrific selection of images. The Grand Prize winner of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge this week will receive 5 free digis of their choice from The Stamping Boutique.  Thanks for the generous prize Tracey!

Here's the sketch to follow this week - lots of layers and a unique design but wonderfully accomodating of larger images like the one I used today on my card. Great sketch Arlana!

I thought this would be a fun image to create with. It's called "Cupcake Bakery" from The Stamping Boutique. It was colored with Copics and a bunch of glitter added with the use of a glitter gel pen - just the right amount of sparkle!  The papers are from Jillibean Soup's Blossom Soup collection and the yellow DP behind the image is Echo Park "Summer Days". 

And finally, a handmade flower as a finishing touch to the card and by using the same papers, it perfectly coordinates and fits right in!

You just have to see the cards that the Sweet Sketch Wednesday design team is showing - what beauties! And with a variety of digis from The Stamping Boutique. Head on over to see and play in our challenge this week - guaranteed fun for you I promise!

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Heide said...

Sharon, What super fun bright colors! Your coloring is Fabulous!

Jess Willison said...

Gorgeous Sharon! Love the colours!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your colors are so bright and fun - another wonderful card Sharon!

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

I love your little sweet shop. It reminds me so much of a little candy store that we had when I was a kid growing up. It was on the was to school. It was great to stop there after school and get a little bag of candy when we had a few pennies to spend. Love the bright fun colors and that wonderful flower! Have a great week!
Hugs, Nancy

KarinsArtScrap said...

your cards are looking great sharon, they are beautiful.

greetings karin

Anne said...

That shop is just gorgeous, what lovely coloring!
Anne
x

Heidi said...

Gorgeous!
Beautiful colours:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Genevieve said...

Fabulous card Sharon! Beautiful little sweet shop & gorgeous papers. Hope you have a great week :)

Tc
Genevieve

Arlana 11426 said...

I sure do love the sweet cupcake shoppe. I sure missed that one. You made it so adorably sweet. The colors and papers you used are just so perfectly matched. Hope you have a sweet week. Thanks for all you do. Arlana

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Sharon! What a sweet card! I love your image and fabulous colors you used!! Your creations always make me smile! Have a great long weekend.

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Sharon, I had so much fun looking at all your cards this past week. It is like going to a candy store. What a perfectly yummy candy store you colored up. Your colors are just like a lollipop! Your peaceful day is so awesome. And I love your patriotic bear and your sweet tricycle. Fabulous papers! Have a great holiday weekend! Judi

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, sorry I'm so late posting my comment to you but I haven't been able to comment on blog since last Wednesday something wrong with blogger. So here goes....it's working.....fingers crossed. I love your candy store, it super sweet and all those cupcake and sparkle must be a week for sparkles. I just adore your design papers they work perfectly.
Great card love your props.
Hugs
Kathie

Jeannie said...

Hi Sharon! I've been trying to leave a comment the last couple of days but it wasn't working for me. I do love your card, and who wouldn't with all of those scrumptious treats!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie