Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow

I have a vintage looking beauty to share today as part of another sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow challenges.  No sponsor this week so we were free to select our own images and I choose this beautiful magnolia image.
The challenge is to use handmade flowers, vintage lace and bling on your cards - all three of these embellishments and you'll have a creation that would qualify for our challenge.  Of course we ask that your cards be in vintage, shabby chic or primitive styles too.

This beautiful magnolia image is from Just Inklined digital stamps and was released in the "Help for Katie" fundraising package. I colored it with Copic markers and distressed the panel with Antique Linen distress ink to tone down the harshness of the white cardstock and the edges with old olive to tie to the color scheme. 

My handmade flowers are circles punched from the designer papers I used on this card and then crumpled up to look a little shabby. A rhinestone brad in the center holds the three layers of each flower together.  My card used papers from Basic Grey's "Hello Luscious" collection. And finally, my lace is not vintage - it's new but in a tea-stained color so it works for this challenge.

Now head over to the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog and see all the vintage inspiration the design team created for you this week. I do hope you'll join our challenge this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Heide said...

OMG!!! I forgot that I have this image too. Your card is just lovely! Such beautiful coloring and great card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow sharon this is gorgeous, your other cards looks beautiful too.

greetings karin

marsha said...

Sharon, how gorgeous! Your image is just beautiful and I love the lace and your handmade flowers!
Hugs,
Marsha

Patti P. said...

Sharon, this is one beautiful image and you have colored it so beautifully. Love the papers you've paired it with and the bling is perfect. Have a great weekend.