Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday


Happy Wednesday! Oh how the past week has just flown by and it's time again for another Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge.  If you visit the SSW blog you'll see that I did the post this week and have showcased some of the wonderful things about my state - Michigan. This is something that my creative team-mate Kathie came up with and this week is was my turn so take a look!  Now, we have another great sketch for you this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and a new prize sponsor so let's get started.

Arlana continues to amaze us with her sketches - this one is especially nice because it shows off designer paper and prominently features embellishments.

Our new sponsor this week is Amber Ink and they are so generously providing a $15 gift certificate to the Grand Prize Winner of the challenge. 

Here's my closeup shot showing all the digital paper piecing I did with this terrific image. The image is Amber Ink's "But I Need It" and comes with the separate purse, shoe and sentiment that I've used here.  The digital papers are Blissful from Zoe Pearn that I got from Sweet Shoppe Designs. This was a really fun image to play with this week.

Now pop on over to see the design team creations using Amber Ink images - lots of inspiration there on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday site.  Hope you have a great week.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Patti P. said...

Sharon, what a great post this morning...loved seeing Michigan through your eyes. I love your card and this cute image, great work with all of the paper piecing. Blogger is giving fits to everyone, it seems like. Take care and have a wonderful day. Patti

Arlana 11426 said...

Sharon I sure did love your post. So much fun hering about where everyone lives. I love your sweet card. It was fun to see so many uses that image. Your paper piecing is justy so detailed. Love your papers. Hugs Arlana

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, firstly thanks for a wonderful posting over at SSW. I just love looking a your pictures from Michigan it's such a lovely part of America. I love that picture of the ice as well it looks awesome. Great minds think alike this week I love your card and all your paper piecing great job and I adore your colours. I too was going to use the shoe and the hat box for my embellishments then decided to use the hat box as it matched the stripes on my design paper and the flowers I found were a perfect match to my papers. I worked for a company in Midland Michigan Dow Corning you would have heard of them they were a great company to work for I was their Administration/ Accountant in New Zealand for 7 years and then took on the role in Sales for my last 3-4 years before Liam arrived and as my job entailed a lot of travel I just could do that with a baby so I resigned. Take care have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your time with your parents next week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

bumblebee creations said...

Loved your write up on MI!! I am from MI as well, and live about 50 miles from that gorgeous bridge!!
Your card is adorable--love the fun papers along with your paper piecing!

Linda Anderson said...

Loved your SSW post Sharon! I can't believe I have only been to Michigan once, and that was a Splitcoast Stampers get together near Ann Arbor. Now my son has the University of MI on his list of possible colleges.
Your card is wonderful. Love all your paper piecings!! That girl has done some serious shopping...lucky!

Linda

Jeannie said...

She looks so happy shopping for shoes and purses...I wish I was here right now! Great job as usual, and your paper piecing is awesome with the purses swinging outside of the box!

Awesome post this week too!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

HI Sharon, I love your wonderful post and all the fun pictures of Michigan. I love the picture of the ice. What an amazing picture. It was so fun to see the three of us use the same image. I Love how we all used paper piecing. I really love the the rich colors you have used. Your cards are always gorgeous. Have s wonderful week.
Nancy

Genevieve said...

Hi Sharon! I really enjoyed your post this week, the pictures are great, it's a stunning part of the world. I do love your card this week, the papers are so so pretty & fab paper piecing. Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Tc
Genevieve

melody said...

loved your ssw post..and all the photos ~ thanks for sharing!

gotta tell ya ~ love the look of your blog ~ it's just scrumptious ~ as is your card this week!

i didn't realize the image was paper peicing ~ wowza ~ so kewl! beautifully done