Monday, August 31, 2009

Flower Vases

Today's Splitcoast Facebook entry featured the most incredible collection of cards by Freshn'Sassy that was uploaded yesterday. I was awed at these vases of flowers that she did on a variety of cards - all basically the same, just a variety of sentiments, colors and patterns. I couldn't wait to get more details.

Thankfully she credited a tutorial by Michelle Zindorf at Freedom and Creating blog. As quickly as I read it, I was reaching for my oval punch, flowers and sponges to make one of these incredible creations myself.
This card is the result.

It's super easy and quick and is essentially punched out ovals that are cut off, sponged for the shadows and perspective, the edge they "sit on" masked and sponged with gray as vase shadows, and then flowers (I just used flowers from Prima and other sources) added. Took me longer to decide how to mat the main panel and what colors to use!

The tutorial is great and the samples from Michelle and Freshn'Sassy are not to be missed - please follow the links to their creations and leave them a comment or two!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Recipe:
Stamps - A Muse (Happy Retirement)
Paper - More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Dusty Durango, Whisper White
Ink - More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Dusty Durango, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Flowers by Prima, MS edge punch, decorative brads, Marvey oval punch

No comments: