Monday, August 31, 2009

Just For You Darlene!

I created this card for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast yesterday. The featured stamper was Darlene (akronstamperdpk) and what an amazing gallery of work she has. There was just one problem for me - there were too many beautiful cards to choose from, they all inspired me! I must have put 20 of her cards into my "Favorites" list!

After looking through her 1300 card gallery, I chose this card to CASE. I was so excited when I saw that card because I have the exact same stamps from Just For Fun and Endless Creations in my arsenal and they are some of my favorites to work with. Especially the "Just For Fun" postage stamp templates. Making a card with these templates is fast and fun and always makes an interesting card. I used different colors, background panel and sentiment to vary my version from hers.

So Darlene and I are kindred spirits in a way with common fondness for the same stamps. So this is for her with thanks for inspiring me and with congratulations on being chosen as the Featured Stamper of the week at SCS. Enjoy!

Recipe:
Stamps - Just For Fun, Endless Creations Inc (H16), PTI Polka Dot Basics
Paper - Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Ink - Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue
Accessories - Fiskars stamp deco scissors, ribbon, curly-cue doo-dad for tying ribbon to!


No comments: