Now the rules in accepting this blog award are to tell 8 things about me that you probably don't know and then pass along the award to 8 other bloggers that I think are fantastic! Isn't that part fun?!! So let's get started:
1. I am a full-time working mom, employed by a top automaker for nearly 30 years now. My responsibilities are managing public relations for the company in the area of environment, energy and biofuels.
2. I have two wonderful children and they are good kids. I'm so proud of them. My son is a freshman in high school and is currently the top freshman swimmer on the varsity swim team. My daughter is in 7th grade and is also a darn good swimmer and ran cross country this past fall. Both of my darlings are A students and they do it on their own with very little, if any, prompting by me or my hubby to get their studies done.
3. I've been married for 17 years and my husband is an educator. He now runs a private school with grades K-8. He is wonderfully supportive of my crafting addictions!
4. I have 3 siblings - 1 sister and 2 brothers - and they all live in Michigan. My oldest brother lives as far north in Michigan as you can get (Upper Penninsula, Copper Harbor area), my youngest brother is a pilot with Delta airlines and my beautiful sister who is so outgoing and kind. My two sisters-in-law are incredible creative crafters too and I really admire their talents.
5. I have two nieces and one nephew - I absolutely adore these children and look forward to the time we spend together. My youngest niece is already getting the rubber-stamping addiction!
5. At one time we had 8 pets in my household - a dog, two cats, two hamsters, a guinea pig, one bunny and a fish. Thankfully we are down to one adorable dog - a West Highland Terrier named Tillie Mae - and my daughter's bunny who is named Thumper.
6. I have dabbled in many different crafts over the years including cross stitching, knitting, beading and sewing. I love rubber-stamping and card making probably the best overall.
7. I am short at 5 feet tall and my kids now are taller than me.
8. I am a graduate of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana and still love cheering the Boilermakers on!
Now for the best part - passing along this blog award to 8 other talented people. They are:
The rules for receiving this award are:
- Thank and link back to the person who sent this to you.
- Share 8 things about yourself
- Pass this award on to 8 bloggers
- Contact those bloggers and tell them you sent them this award.
This is kind of like Christmas again with me being Santa! What fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!