Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Bugaboo Sponsor

Happy Wednesday everyone! I just can't believe we're already in the middle of this week. Although I'm sort of glad since the weather has been rainy and cold so far and won't warm up or clear up until Friday. So the quicker we get through it the better. 

Today is also the start of a new Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge with Bugaboo Stamps as the sponsor. Well my Bugaboo image today sort ties this all together - I picked this adorable image because it just seemed perfect with all the rain we've had here this Spring.

As I mentioned, Bugaboo Stamps is the sponsor this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and the Grand Prize winner of the challenge will receive a prize of 7 Bugaboo stamps that value $21. Now that's a terrific prize! To qualify, just create a card using the sketch and be sure to comment on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge blog too.

Here's the fun sketch this week created by our own Arlana Patten. You'll have a great time creating with this one! It's sketch #99 - we're almost to the magical number 100 - YAY!

Mark your calendars for the start of our celebration of 100 sketches at Sweet Sketch Wednesday which starts next week on May 4.  We're planning a fun blog hop with prizes to mark this wonderful milestone and we want all of our followers to be part of the celebration.

For this week's week challenge card I used the wonderful papers from Cosmo Cricket's "Salt Air" collection. I thought the color combination was a fun one - mostly yellow, rusty red with a surprise pop of blue. The adorable Bugaboo image I used is called "Rain Rain" from the Rainy Day Bears collection and you can find it HERE at the Bugaboo Stamps store.

Now be sure to stop by Sweet Sketch Wednesday to see the challenge rules and all the terrific cards the design team created using Bugaboo Stamps. 

Thanks for stopping by!
I'm entering this card in Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge blog where the theme is "Singing in the Rain" this week.

13 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

... and it's raining AGAIN today! Pooh! WHAT a fabulous card though, I love the rain hearts :) Super job, as always, my friend!

Heide said...

What a cute image. I am so tired of all this rain...I guess I shouldn't complain too much it is worse other places.
Great card Sharon.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just adorable Sharon! The oranges and reds are so pretty and that pop of blue is perfectly perfect!

Hope you get lots of sunshine.
Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

Super fun card Sharon, packed full of sweetness!! I love that image...I think I say that about all of Bugaboo's images!!!! That flower is what really sets it off, adding that perfect pop of color to the oranges and reds!!! Adorable!!

Linda

Genevieve said...

Hi Sharon! We haven't had rain for a few weeks which is quite strange for our little part of the world. I love your card this week, the warm colours are very pretty & the blue flower is very eye catching. Hope you have a lovely week :)

Tc
Genevieve

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love Bug A Boo Stamps :)

Jeannie said...

Such a perfect little April showers bear! Great flower too! Have a great week.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love your April shower bear. Your colors and papers are just so perfect. I love how you used a blues flower. Just give your card that added pop. Thanks for all you do have a sweet day!!!

Jackie Randolph said...

That little guy and I have the same face, enough with all this rain or we will need to build an ark!! Super cute Sharon, love the blue flower makes everything pop!!

Love the new look to the blog too, so bright and sunny feeling! Have a great week!

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, yes we've had the rain over here as well, heaps of it today looks like the sun is shinning through. Love your card and that cute image and the colours look wonderful together and your blue embellishment just sets it off. Well I'm getting ready to see the Royal Wedding didn't get an invite so I'll have to watch it in the home theatre can't wait to see the fashion and of course the Wedding Dress. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie

mulberry station said...

I love these Rainy Day Bears. They are adorable. I really love the color scheme you used for your card. The red, orange and gold is so striking together. The pop of blue flower addes such a perfect finishing touch to your card. I wish we would get a little more rain. Actually, we have had more this year than we have had in a long time. We get monsoons in August. The creek in the back of my house fills up like a raging river when we get those rains. Stay dry!! Have a great week.
Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

I am totally ready for the rain to disappear! In fact we are suppose to have a touch of snow in the morning...which is crazy! But who couldn't love this Rainy Day Bear with his aborable yellow slicker and umbrella! Love your touch of blue to accent your card!
Have a great week! Hugs! Judi

Joy said...

perfect image for this challenge, thanks for playing with bugaboo! Joy DT