Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pumpkin Sketch

Happy Wednesday friends! The days are getting shorter and cooler here in Michigan and we're ready for fall. So it's time to start those Halloween cards and the challenge this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday is the place to start for a terrific sketch to follow.

This week's challenge uses a sketch from the past - this one first appearing in July 2011 and drawn by our own Arlana.  This one is perfect for a Halloween card because it looks like a pumpkin to me!

Just for fun and more inspiration, here's the card I made using this same sketch the first time it appeared at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Our monthly sponsor, Digi Stamp Boutique, is back this week and we all love the digis that Sally Ann has in her shop. DSB has generously supported Sweet Sketch Wednesday since our challenges started here 224 sketches ago!  The grand prize winner of the challenge this week will receive six free digi stamps from Digi Stamp Boutique - a fabulous prize!  Thanks Sally Ann for your enduring support!

The DSB image I used is Halloween Hattie and she's so brave holding on to that darn spider! Not something I could do, I can tell you that! I pulled these Halloween papers from my stash - they're from Cosmo Cricket and go perfectly with the image and all the stars. So I colored it up using Copic markers with the star colors pulled from the paper used. The pumpkin embellishment is a button and the spider web trim is a MS punch.

I sure hope you join us in the challenge this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Stop on by our blog and see the fabulous creations and inspiration from the design divas using Digi Stamp Boutique images and this week's sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

mulberry station said...

I love this iamge and your adorable punch. Hope you are doing well.
Nancy

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, wow what a perfect little Halloween card so cute. Love your wonderful colours and design papers. Your added Pumpkin embellishment is so perfect. I was so nice to see your blast from the past. Take care and have a great week I'll have very little Internet access whilst I'm travelling in the next 3 weeks. I'll be in touch once I get back.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so cute! You're right this sketch is so perfect with your cute image and I love the dp you used with her. Adorable. This would also qualify for the current Loves Rubberstamps Challenge, if you want to submit :)

Sally Dube said...

Super cute card Sharon!! Love your papers and the Spider Web punch is the perfect trim for your card!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally

Linda Anderson said...

How fun Sharon that we used the same image!!! Love that you colored her dress the same as your paper! Absolutely wonderful

Linda

Unknown said...

Great card Sharon.

Love the spiders web.

Hope you have a great week.

Holly
xx

Arlana 11426 said...

That witch and papers are the sweet thing ever. love your blast from the past too. HUGS Arlana