Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Little Acorn Bird

Happy Autumn friends! Today is the first day of fall and what a great way to welcome my favorite season with an Autumn themed card. This is for the new sketch challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday featuring the wonderful images from Sami Stamps.

Here's the sketch to follow for the challenge. It really looks terrific in real life, especially with a fun, unique embellishment in the lower left corner.

Sami Stamps is our sponsor for this challenge. What lovely images you'll find there, all drawn by owner Samantha Siemers Ratliff.  We adore creating with Sami Stamps and you will too. The lucky grand prize winner of the challenge will receive a $12 gift certificate to Sami Stamps. That could be you if you play along with us this week!

Thanks Samantha for your generous sponsorship!

I chose this adorable Little Acorn Bird from Sami Stamps for my card. I thought it was perfect for the first day of Fall. It was colored with Copic markers and color enhancements made with Prismacolor pencils. I love the effect of the pencils over the markers - especially in getting a warm glow on parts of the image as though it was reflecting the sun.  The papers are Stampin' Up from several years ago. I also thought I'd have fun with the embellishment and pulled the acorns from my crafting stash. I like this custom touch to this layout.

Now stop over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see the beautiful cards the team created for you using a wonderful selection of images from Sami Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Very cute card Sharon, love your warm Autumn tones and the use of your coloured pencils. Love your added embellishments. Great card as always take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

anne said...

Perfect colours for the season of Autumn, I really like your acorn embellishments. Anne