Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dad's Birthday


Well I've squeezed out about as much as I can from the holiday weekend and a couple days of vacation.  It's back to work for me tomorrow so I'll do this quick post before I call it a day. 

I did this simple card for my Dad using Papertrey Ink's "Enjoy the Ride" stamp set.  These stamps are perfect for paper piecing and I thought it would be fun to do a plaid car for a change!  Years ago, there was a plaid car shown by GM in a charity event where the company partnered with the fashion industry.  Top line designers took GM vehicles and redesigned them in their style.  Cynthia Rowley was one of the designers and her car design included a plaid paint finish very close to this plaid actually.  I thought about that as I was making this card!

In this case, however, the coordinating plaid and abstract papers were designed by A2Z Essentials called "What's New Club".  The cardstock used is Papertrey's Spring Moss.  I used Palette Noir Black ink for the stamped image on the cardstock and on the plaid paper for the piecing.  I also used a gelly roll glitter pen to accent the bumper and headlamp rings.

That's it - simple but colorful and fun.  Dad liked it and my story about the real plaid car by Cynthia Rowley!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon

1 comment:

Heide said...

What a cool idea, this is such a fun car! love the added story too!