Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad's Day


Here's hoping that all the Dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day and were appropriately pampered and adored by their kids.  Unfortunately, my dad was up north for the weekend and I wasn't able to join my folks at the lake.  It was a busy weekend at home with baseball playoffs (successful I might add) and other odds 'n ends!



This is the card I made for my Dad using the new "Guiding Light" and "Antique Map" stamp sets from Flourishes.  These are wonderful sets - perfect for the nautically inclined!

I started by stamping the map with Cocoa ink on Kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I tore the edges to get the shape and size (this card is about 5x7 inches) and then distressed using Tim Holz Tea Dye, Old Paper and Antique Linen distressing inks.  I curled the edges by rolling them up around a pencil.  The Blue Bayou layer was embossed using the newer Stampin Up' embossing folder and then the edges were distressed. 

The sail boat was stamped on PTI white cardstock and colored using my Copic markers and then cut out using Spellbinder's Label 4 dies.  Again, the brown cardstock underneath the image was just torn to get the size and shape.  The message panel was punched out after stamping in SU white craft ink with an EK Success label punch.  I used a heavy gauge twine around the card, strategically secured with glue dots.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out for my Dad.  I'm sure he'll love it too.

Let me know what you think!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

6 comments:

Heide said...

Sharon, This is fantastic! Great roping that you used and I like how you layed out the roping.

Dawn Burnworth said...

Sharon this is gorgeous.. WOW.. You did such an amazing job.. I love the rope and the background paper.. Great coloring too..LOVE this..

Renkata said...

oh great idea for a background with this stamp.
I just need it something like that....but didn't have ....:(
Beautiful card.

ChristineCreations said...

WOW! You've used this set beautifully! I just love the rope and the warmth of the sky ...beautifully done Sharon!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is a wonderful dad's day card, Sharon! Love your blog and am so glad Dawn linked you on her blog (love her watermark, btw)!

Emma Fewkes said...

Wowee Kazowee Sharon! This turned out beautifully! I love the distressing and the twine. That sentiment brought a tear to my eye. How lovely for your Dad.