Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vintage Girl - MMSC66

I have to just start by saying I love this sketch that Priscilla did for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.  It's unusual and challenging and it provides for a very interesting card. 

You don't often see triangles, but I've come to expect the most creative sketches at Midnight Madness which is I why I play week after week!  Well I absolutely love this sketch and was very excited to see what I could do with it. 

I decided to use a set of coordinating papers from Deja Views' Sweet Romance line.  The patterns are Lipstick Floral (background), Kiss Lace (bottom triangle) and Kiss Dots (top triangle).  The base cardstock is Pomagranite from Stampin Up.  I edged the triangles with the Fleur de Lis edge punch from EK Success. 

The stamped image is a wonderful new stamp I purchased at a local stamp show last weekend.  It's from Sweet Stamps called "Cherie".  I colored her with my Copic markers matching the DP colors. Thanks to the sketch, the image stands out in an interesting way positioned like it is on the triangle duo.  Then, a little bit of sheer black ribbon and some rhinestone stickers from Recollections and my card was complete.

Why don't you join in on the fun - you'll love the sketches at the Midnight Madness, the design team there is talented and oh so friendly.  Beyond the challenge though, I know I'll be returning to this sketch many times to come.  Thanks Priscilla!
Recipe:
Stamps - Sweet Stamps "Cherie"
Ink - Palette Noir Black, Copic markers
Paper - Deja Views Sweet Romance line - Kiss Dots, Kiss Lace, Lipstick Floral; Stampin Up Pomagranite, Whisper White
Accessories - Black Sheer ribbon and Recollections rhinestone stickers both from Michaels craft store


Edited August 16 to add:
Hooray!  This card won the Remarkables award at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge MMSC66!  Thanks Ladies - you've made my day!!!!

7 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Sharon this is one vintage beauty. How colorful and creative this wonderful piece of work is. Your image is so cute and fabulous. This is awesome. What a great job on the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

pam124 said...

Sharon, Sharon, Sharon, how are you???? OMG, I saw you name and could barely wait to see what you did with the sketch this week. Be still my heart and this is a true knock out!! My gosh, from the image, to the triangles, to the colors, dp and fabulous ribbon, not to mention the border and bling swirl, this is a most delightful card!! You did an absolutely TERRIFIC job. You image has such a carefree feel to it and makes me feel good!!! In my top 10 this week!!

Thanks SO MUCH for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can join us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card sharon
love that vintage girl, beautiful edge punch and paper.

greetings karin

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Sharon, this is such a darling vintage image and you've matched her so prettily with the border edging, bling and gorgeous black ribbon! Beautifully put together! Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Sharon - this is just darling - that image is way too cute and works perfectly with this weeks sketch! Your punched border looks like lace - how perfect! I am loving this! Thank you for playing along with Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we value your support and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Sharon!

What a beauty you have created! The image is very sweet and your use of DP's makes this card very intresting. Love the ribbon and the bling!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

pam124 said...

Sharon, Woo Hoo, CONGRATS on winning the Remarkables on the MMSC!! You know I had to vote for this beautiful card. You are so talented and I hope you will continue to share with us your gift every week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD