Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Merry & Bright at the Play Date Cafe

Gosh I love vacation days! I've been able to just do what I please - like playing in my craft room, catching up on projects and getting to join a few fun challenges like the Play Date Cafe.  It's been a few weeks since I've played in the Cafe and it feels good to be back at it again.

Here's the inspiration for this week's challenge PDCC56 - use Red, Olive and Turquoise colors in a card or project.  I thought these colors were a lot of fun together - "Merry & Bright" if you will!


This card went together rather quickly once the idea came to mind.  It helped to have Papertrey Ink DP on hand that comprised two of the colors in a variety of patterns.  I love mixing patterns and I'm pleased with how this turned out. 

The actual colors I've used are Stampin Up Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red.  I've had the darndest time in photographing the red properly, including fussing with photo color editing.  You'll just have to imagine the pure red here and not the orangie color that appears (at least on my computer). 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday card, lovely design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE all your layers and that beautiful set of tags in the center! Great card;) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

Renee Matarese said...

Sharon, I love this. All of the different border punches look so cool together. You nailed the color challenge perfectly. This is great!