Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow

Good day everyone! Today we have a sketch challenge and blog hop at Sugar Creek Hollow and we encourage you to join in the challenge this week using one of our new Christmas and Winter images.  Here, I've used the Cardinal digi stamp introduced last month - I love this wonderful image.  Something about Cardinals at Christmas time is so festive and I think my card captures that this week in a vintage way.

This is the sketch we're following this week - thanks to Joseline on our design team.  All you have to do to play along with us is to follow this sketch, post your card to the Sugar Creek Hollow blog, visit the design team blogs and leave a little love there by commenting. 

Also take some time to visit the Sugar Creek Hollow Shoppe.  You'll find a host of Christmas and Holiday freebies there that you can use to join the sketch challenge fun this week!

For my card, Copic markers were used to color the image in vibrant reds and warm browns.  I added a bit of glitter to the cardinal to make it stand out and some on the tree stump he's perched on. 


 I used papers from Basic Grey's "Jovial" line on this card - these papers are gorgeous and I've been itching to use them.  My ribbon is also from Sugar Creek Hollow - country crinkle ribbon in Robin's Egg (Aqua) and can be found here at the Shoppe.  A few Papertrey Ink vintage buttons with some raffia string tied on completes the card and adds to the rustic feel.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and be sure to "hop" by the other SCH design team blogs - links to their creative work can be found on my left sidebar.

Happy creating!

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very,very beautiful card.

greetings karin

Heide said...

Sharon,
You have highlighted the cardinal so beautifully. Your coloring is so perfect. Great sparkle too!

Renee Matarese said...

I love everything about this card! Your coloring is perfect and the color choices look amazing with the cardinal. This is beautiful all around!

jonim52 said...

Your cardinal is fabulous. Love the way you staged your card.

Donna Moore said...

This just beyond beautiful, I am enamored with this card! This truly needs to be framed Sharon!! Jaw dropping gorgeous!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Gorgeous!!! Fabulous coloring....makes your card stand out. Love the papers you choose and the crinkle ribbon used as the "lace" feature...very pretty!!!!

Nancy said...

I just adore the Jovial line from Basic Grey. Your coloring of the cardinal just makes the image come alive! A wonderful creation this week!

marsha said...

Sharon, this is just stunning! Your coloring is fabulous and this is one of my favorite DP's! Also love the ribbon "lace" and what a wonderful color choice!
Hugs,
Marsha

Tracy Vinson said...

Girl, if this were made of chocolate I'd just eat it up!!!! I am telling you....this is one of those career-stopping pieces that you keep forever and don't send away to anyone. Your colors and accents of embellies are just made for each other. Just truly gorgeous!

Archies Mum said...

Lovely card, what a beautiful bird. Absolutely love the papers you have used.

Julie said...

Sharon - I love, love, love this card! Your coloring is beautiful, and the little hint of mint green is gorgeous! Stunning!

Hugz,
Julie

Cec said...

This is stunning and so warm with your beautiful papers and colouring. The ribbon is such a fun contrast.
Hugs!
Cec

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Sharon!
Your cards does always seems to have an inner glow. This is goregous! I love the red bird and your dp and laces are very pretty!

Hugs
Gunn