Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow - Fabric Challenge

It's Saturday and time for another challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. This week our challenge is to use fabric on your card other than ribbon. This is a fun challenge - there are so many beautiful fabrics out there and they add texture and a rich feel to a card. Here I've used three different fabrics but they all coordinate wonderfully into a pink and blue Valentines theme.

Even the flower embellishment is made of fabric and of course the felt hearts sort of qualify as fabric too.  The medallion image is a new one at Sugar Creek Hollow - just released this week for Valentines Day. Actually for any day - this would be a perfect anniversary image or even for Mother's Day this spring. 

I colored the digi blue in my photo editing software and printed two copies. I cut out the center circle of one and sponged it with pink ink and mounted it with foam tape on top of the second printed image for dimension.

The best way to use fabric on a card is to apply iron-on interfacing (the stiffer kind) to the wrong side of the fabric first before you cut it out with scissors (here I used pinking shears on the background and blue/white side panel) or try to use a die cut (here a Nestie Label 17 was used with the floral fabric). From there you work with it like any cardstock really. It's that simple and yields a wonderful look.

Did you know that 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Sugar Creek Hollow digi stamps goes to charity?
Now it's time for you to try fabric and enter our Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week. Everyone is invited to enter a card challenge. You are not required to use an image from Sugar Creek Hollow, but if you do, you will get two entries into the random prize draw. (There are lots of freebies at the Sugar Creek Hollow Shoppe) The winner of that draw will receive a digi of their choice from the Sugar Creek Hollow Shoppe and a badge to display on their blog. Once we reach a minimum of 10 entries, the Design Team will select a Card of the Week and the creator of that card will receive a special badge to display on their blog. Every month there will be a Guest Designer chosen from the Cards of the Week and that person will be invited to join the Design Team in a challenge. There are lots of reasons to play in our challenges so we can't wait to see your fabulous fabric creations this week!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team fabric inspirations at the Sugar Creek Hollow blog and leave a little love along the way.  Thanks for stopping by!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges (What fun!):
Southern Girls Challenge - "Totally Loved Up" theme
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - "Love is in the Air" theme
One Crazy Stamper - "Love" theme
Scrap-Creations - "Love is in the Air" theme

18 comments:

Heide said...

Sharon,
Such a sweet inspiration! I love all the beautiful fabrics that you have used. I also love the flower that you picked to use on you card, such a soft feminine card! Beautiful!

Donna Moore said...

Wow Miss Sharon, this is so elegant. I love your fabrics, the colors, textures and look you have achieved!! This is so very beautiful, all your special touches really make this quite a work of art!! I must say I love your idea of the sizing on the back of the fabric......much less messy than Stiffy!! :)
hugs
donna

Renee Matarese said...

What a soft, sweet card! This is so feminine. I love your use of the fabric and the lovely DP you've chosen. The color you changed the I love you label to is very pretty and goes so well with the rest of the card. This is just beautiful!
Very pretty! I love all of that sparkle! The silver swirl is so pretty and the bow is just darling. I like how you doubled it.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Sharon this is stunning what beautiful colours and design I love the sentiment as the central focal point, a super creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carissa said...

This is absolutly gorgeous. The colours are so soft and pretty. Amazing job.
Hugs, Carissa

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card like the soft colors you have used sharon.

greetings karin

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful! I love all of the soft sweet colors and your attention to detail. Fabulous card.

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh WOW....Sharon, I am speechless. I don't know what my favorite element is this week, there are so many fabulous ones! However, this color combo is delicious! I especially love the crocheted flowers as well. Thank you for making us look so good!

Dawn Edwards said...

Sharon I Just love it! Every time I visit your blog I'm flooded with Beauty. You have such an eye for design and colors. This card is so sweet! Everything placed perfectly and choice of accents Divine. How creative to layer the digital and in two colors. Thanks for all the Inspiration as Always you never disappoint.

Joseline said...

Sharon, this is truly a beautiful card!! I love that you used 3 different coordinating fabric pieces and even your flower is made of burlap and yarn. Beautifully done my friend!!

Poppy said...

Wow what a lovely blog, Thanks for your lovely comments. You have some fantastic cards on your blog love the little monkey....
poppy

Darlene said...

This is absolutely stunning Sharon!! LOVE the colors and softness! You SCH ladies are such an inspiration to me! I look forward to seeing more!

Julie said...

Wow Wow Sharon! This is just beautiful. It was very striking when I first saw it. So lovely and elegant. The doily is the perfect accent. Gorgeous embellishments. Fabulous!

Hugz,
Julie

Archies Mum said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have chosen, and the sentiment says it all

marsha said...

Ooh Sharon, this is just stunning I love how vintage and soft this looks with your color choices. Your flower is so elegant and the doily is perfect!
Hugs,
Marsha

Nancy said...

Such delicate beauty, Sharon, on your fabric card!! I love the softness of it and all of the different elements but especially the fabric!! Wonderful!

Sue said...

A stunning card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper Challenge.

Mina said...

stunning card Sharon, beautiful design and I love how you used the doily...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx