Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sensational Sketch at Sugar Creek Hollow

Finally Saturday has arrived! I do love my weekends to craft and catch up on my sleep among other things.  Today at Sugar Creek Hollow we have a few changes and a sketch for the challenge this week.


On the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog we're now featuring stamps from any manufacturer but focusing on cards/projects that are vintage, shabby chic or primitive inspired creations. So to win, your entries should fit this style. In the future we'll have sponsors and feature those artists in our cards.

This week it's a sketch challenge - so please follow this sketch when you create a card for our challenge this week.

This card features the "Scripture Children" stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps - stamped in Vintage Violet ink on vanilla cardstock.  The designer papers are K&Company. Several Spellbinders dies were used:  Labels #14 and #17 and lattice dies. Tim Holtz distress inks were used: Pumice Stone and Antique Linen.

Please make it a point to visit the Sugar Creek Hollow site and see the rest of the design team's creations - it may just give you the inspiration to enter our challenge this week.  Hope you do!

Thanks for stopping by!
 

8 comments:

Patti P. said...

Sharon, I love CDS and this is lovely. Beautiful choices in your dies and papers. I always enjoy the way you stage your photos. Have a lovely weekend.

Tracy Vinson said...

WOW...I would not have known this stamp was from the clear dolloar bin. LOVELY! I don't have these dies you have used but have been looking at them for a while now. Just a real beauty this week.
Love, Tracy

Donna Moore said...

Oh my, this is truly a jaw dropper! I love this stamp, it is awe inspiring, you have done such a lovely job showcasing this beautiful stamp, this is beyond gorgeous Sharon, it is totally amazing!So glad I stopped in to gaze upon your creation!!
hugs
donna

Heide said...

Sharon this is just wonderful! I love your papers, and what a great image. I so look forward to seeing your weekly creations!

Cec said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the silhouette image and your beautiful papers.
Hugs!
Cec

marsha said...

Sharon, I am so in love with this image! Your card is just stunning - love the diecuts you used and your choice of DP is just perfect!
Hugs,
Marsha

nessy said...

wow!! what a beautiful card ~ love those papers and pretty ribbon!!
vanessa xx

Ann English said...

Absolutely stunning. I am a fan of silhouettes. My mother, who just died in January (and oh, how my heart aches) was a silhouette artist-did extraoridnary work! The verse-beautiful! Gorgeous design!