Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Handing Out Candy Canes

Hi there fans, followers and bloggers! It's mid-week and time for another terrific challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

We have this sketch to play with this week. A fabulous sketch that goes together pretty quickly, has plenty of layers (you all know I love the layers) and room for plenty of embellishments.

And our wonderful sponsor this week is Sassy Cheryl's who is providing a $5 gift certificate to the Grand Prize winner of the challenge this week. Yay! 

For my card, I chose this adorable snowman digi "Handing Out Candy Canes" that you can find HERE in the Sassy Cheryl's Store.  He came to life with the help of Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils. I carefully cut out around the areas of the image that I knew would extend beyond the circle diecut - I love the look this provides.  The papers are My Mind's Eye "12 Days of Christmas" collection and the divine sparkly green cardstock is by Recollections.  I love that glittery paper!

We all love Sassy Cheryl's images and my Sweet Sketch Wednesday design teamies are showing off their talent with Sassy Cheryl's digis in amazing ways. You'll want to pop on over the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog and check them out.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Sharon I love your card this week.I loved all the images that were used this week. Your card turned out so sweet. Love that we did the same image. Your candy canes just make you card the sweetest. Things have been crazy around my place so much to do to get ready for Christmas. Have a SWEET day HUGS and thanks for all you do. Arlana

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, I just adore your card and what wonderful colours you've used they are so pretty and I want your green glitter card it's very pretty. This is such a fun image and I do like how you cut around you image it really makes it stand out. Take care and I know you must be busy getting ready for Christmas.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Linda Anderson said...

Over the top adorable Sharon!! I love your snowman! I too love the effect of cutting out the sections your want to extend over your nestie, I just need to give it a try myself!! Too lazy I guess!!! Fun glittery papers really make this pop! Stay warm and have a wonderful week.

Linda

BrossArtAddiction said...

Such a fun card and amazing sketch! Love the candy canes!! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Patti P. said...

Sharon, loving the citrus colors you have used this week and the glitter paper is the bomb. Beautiful job my friend...hope your week is going well and you are getting in the swing of the holiday season.
hugs, Patti

Jeannie said...

This is so fun and the colors are so fresh and bright! Just adorable!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

melody said...

scrumptious card chickie! i love that glitter background...and oh..that orange scarf ~ such a great color mix..and your image is colored so beautifully! love it!

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh this card is adorable, wasn't it just a fun image to create with!! Love the glitter papers and your colors are really fabulous!

mulberry station said...

Even though we only had three images to work with this week, the cards are all so different. I love your fun papers that you have used for this rolly polly snowman. He is so stinken cute!! Fabulous job!