Monday, September 27, 2010

Morning Glory - PDCC48

It's Sunday night and I'm trying to squeak out every last bit of the weekend. Instead of going to bed early, I chose to create this card for the Play Date Cafe color challenge 48!  I'm such a night owl anyway, but get me going on my stamping and card creating and it's hard to stop - even if tomorrow begins the work week again!


Here's the challenge inspiration photo that Julie Ranae chose and that the colors were picked from.  I have to say that would be a fun kitchen to cook in - but I'm partial to brighter, intense color anyway.  So I was inspired right away to use Concord Grape, Pear Pizzazz and Going Gray as my color pallette for the challenge card.



I also couldn't wait to ink up this Morning Glory stamp from Papertrey Ink - it just arrived in the mail yesterday.  When I think of a Morning Glory flower, I think of a purpley-blue color and thought it would be perfect. 

The card design/layout is mine - just wanted something unique for this card.  So tell me what you think...

Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps - Papertrey Ink "Morning Glory"
Paper - SU Concord Grape, Pear Pizazz, Going Grey, Watercolor paper
Ink - Stazon Black; SU Concord Grape, Pear Pizazz; PTI Vanilla
Accessories - MS corner and edge lace punch; Sakura gelly roll glitter pen

8 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Really great to have you back with us at The Play Date Cafe, Sharon....this is a beauty!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! I love the way you cut around the image and the colors are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate you taking the time. Hugs B

Barbara said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the lacey edge and the way that you cut around the flowers.Your colouring is gorgeous too! :-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great technique used to pop this flower:) LOVE it! Great job!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, wonderful coloring and punched edge. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card sharon, lovely color.

greetings karin

Ruby said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the way you've done the corner. Glad you could join in with us at the PDCC this week!

Suzanne C said...

Oh love the image and the design is fabulous. Lovely Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC again!