Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Pixie-licious" - MMSC72

Where did the weekend go? They just never seem long enough as measured by the number of cards I get done of course! Well at least I finished my card for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge - after all, priorities are priorities you know!!!

Here's this week's sketch - the fancy version that I followed. I can't seem to focus on the plainer versions of the sketches. I have to have layers and all sorts of good embellishments on my cards!

This week, I used this wonderful paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Pixie-Licious" collection.  I think the colors here are perfect for Fall but with a contemporary flair to them.  Anyway, I thought this little "pixie" image would be perfect with an autumn sunset effect applied with it. 


The image is from the Flourishes "Kids at Play" stamp set and is heat embossed here. I stamped it in Rich Razzleberry ink and then stamped over it again with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  A few prima flowers and some butterflies die cut with SUs Beautiful Wings embosslits and a card is made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps - Flourishes "Kids at Play"
Ink - SU Banana, Peach Parfait, Rich Razzleberry, Versamark
Paper - Cosmo Cricket "Pixie-licious", SU Rich Razzleberry
Accessories - SU Beautiful Wings embosslit, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities dies, SU ribbon, Prima flowers

6 comments:

pam124 said...

Sharon, I'm so delighted to see you upload your MMSC this week. I always look for your cards since I got to know you when I was a guest designer. You sure picked a most wonderful image. I love your sponging, butterfly, array of flowers and the most awesome ribbon treatment!! Way 2 go!! Hugs - pam124

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sharon - your card is just divine! I love the image and the warm fabulous colours you have used. Your flowers are delish and perfect! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate you support and would love to see you join us again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Sharon your silhouette image is simply wonderful. I love how you did the ribbon treatment to match the sketch. The flowers and butterflies are just so sweet. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Connie M. said...

Oh Sharon, this is just soooo pretty! I so love these colors!! This image is just wonderful, and the butterflies you have added are perfect!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!!

Connie
MMDT

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is beautiful Sharon! Love the warm colors! Lovely image and lovely embellishments!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful sharon.

greetings karin