Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas Winston

Happy Wednesday friends! It's the end of a short week and I am truly thankful for that. I'm looking forward to a few relaxing and restful days and gatherings with family.

We're kicking off a new challenge today at Sweet Sketch Wednesday with Digi Stamp Boutique as the sponsor and this is the card I created to inspire you to join us!

First of all let's start with the sketch! This one goes together quickly and yields a wonderful look don't you think?

We welcome back Digi Stamp Boutique as our sponsor this week.  We all love the fun, whimsical images that Sally Ann offers in her shop. The Grand Prize Winner of the challenge this week will receive a generous prize of six free digi images from Digi Stamp Boutique.

I chose Christmas Winston from Digi Stamp Boutique to create my card this week. Isn't this owl hysterical! I think he makes such a fun Christmas card! I colored him with Copic markers, added crystal lacquer for dimension on the ornaments and some glitter on his hat to bring him to life. The papers are Yuletide from We R Memory Keepers and I love the Christmas color hounds-tooth pattern.

The SSW design team has some really creative card samples using Digi Stamp Boutique images. Hop on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and take a look!

Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

mulberry station said...

Hi Sharon, I almost picked this image to use this week. You have done a gorgeous job coloring it up. I love how the little stocking hangs off the oval. have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and enjoy your time off work. I can't wait for tomorrow too. It will be so nice to have a couple of days off.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely adorable Sharon!! This image sure does make me smile. Love the earthy shades of red and green. Perfect. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Linda

Sally Dube said...

Love your coloring!!! Winston is so sweet!! Love the earthy tones in your DP!! Wonderful card!!
Wishing you and your family a Blessed Thanksgiving!!
Sally

Kathie said...

Oh Sharon I do love Winston and you've coloured him beautifully. I also love your design papers they're just perfect for this image. I love everything about your card. Wishing you and your family a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Heide said...

Super cute, Love the owl and how you layered the snowflakes.
Hugs, Heide

Joanna M. said...

Cute. Love the snowflakes and DP

Unknown said...

Adorable owl card Sharon! Your coloring is supereb!