Friday, November 2, 2012

I'll Owl-ways Love StampFairy!

Hi friends and Happy Friday!  Today I'm showing my last card as a designer for StampFairy and a little sad about it too.  I've been on dear, sweet Gerda's team for almost two years and loved every minute creating with the adorable images that she creates. I'll "owl"ways love StampFairy!


Which brings me to this fabulous new release today at StampFairy called Funny Owls!

http://www.stampfairy.com/digistamps_critters_funnyowls.htm
Are these just the cutest images?  I can think of a million ways to use these adorable owls! The owl script is today's freebie and it too is so clever.

I couldn't help but think that these owls would look so fun paper-pieced in plaid and polka-dots. I took the main image and sized it down for the smaller owl and printed two of the larger one and popped it up along with his beak. Half-round pearls were perfect for their eyes. The cloud background and all the other papers used here are digital papers from Raspberry Road. The vine, sprigs and leaves are all MS punches and the flowers were made with MFT rolled rose dies.

I was inspired by this terrific sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout of my card - what a perfect sketch for this image!  I'm playing along in their challenge this week with this creation.

These fabulous owls have inspired some amazing creations by the StampFairies this week. Hop on over to StampFairy World and take a peek.  I will miss my StampFairy team mates and all their incredible talent and creativity - thanks gals!  And a special thank you to Gerda for the privilege of bringing her amazing characters to life.

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Céline said...

so cute card Sharon! love the gorgeous papers and paper piecing!
hugs
céline

Chrissy said...

This is fabulous Sharon, love the paper piecing and fabulous sky..terrific papers and flowers, a really gorgeous card...so sorry to hear you are moving on, wishing you all the best in what ever you do..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

Cute and classy at the same time! I love the paper pieced owls and cute owl paper, and your flowers and punched greenery are beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Dawn said...

So stinkin' cute! Love those cute owls. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Oh Sharon, I love your card. The paper piecing is fabulous and I love the roses - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.