Saturday, October 22, 2011

Candy Corn Ants

Well it's getting closer to Halloween and I always enjoy this time of year.  It's fun to pull out the Halloween decorations and finish off my Halloween cards for my nieces and nephew.  This is one of them, featuring the image from a Doodle Pantry set called Candy Corn Ants

 This is such a terrific Halloween set.  You get a precolored version of the image as well as black and white, three sentiments and two complementary digi papers.  You can find this collection HERE in the Doodle Pantry Store.

Here, I've used the matching candy corn digi paper from the set with the image that was colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol blending solution.  I thought the real candy corns as embellishments would be a lot of fun and fully appreciated by my nephew!  Pretty easy peasy to put together just in time for Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Sharon, what a darling card! Love the papers that go with that set. Such a fun idea how you layered your spellbinders. Love that!
Hugs, Sarah

Emma Fewkes said...

Lovely card, Sharon. This made me smile <3

Kathy W. said...

Excellent job on this card Sharon! Love the candy corn on there too.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Sharon,
What a darling card! I love how you have put it all together with those yummy candy corns as an embellishment! Yummy!!!
~Hugs~

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh My! Way too cute - your card is just one big candy corn (I can't stop eating those things!)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super cute and so creative! Love the addition of the candy corn.

Vicki said...

Sharon, what fun! Literally a YUMMY card!

HUGS!
Vicki

Glenda Atkins said...

What a gorgeous and fun card , pretty yummy too!!

Karen Howard said...

Sharon, this is fantastic! I love how you used multiple die cuts and also the candy corn!!! Hugs, Karen

Donna said...

Sharon - one of my favorite candies is candy corn - love how you used them on this card!!

Patti J said...

What fun, Sharon! Your image is perfect, and I love how you layered the nesties to look like candy corn - great job!!! Thanks for sharing!

Patti P. said...

Great job, girl! Way too cute with the actual candy corn and love the nesties behind your adorable image. Hope your week is going great!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Sharon this is so cute, love it!

Amy Johnson said...

So cute! the candy corn was a great idea!

Dawn Frost said...

Great brown ant, he looks fantastic with the yellow candycorn! The real candycorns are amazing!