Saturday, October 1, 2011

Doodle Pantry New Releases

Welcome! It's always great when the weekend rolls around - I do love my Saturdays!  I love this Saturday even more with the release of a bunch of new digi stamp collections at Doodle Pantry.  Just wait until you see what Laurie Wilson drew up this month - it's a wonderful release and you can see it all here at the Doodle Pantry store.

I'm just crazy about this new digi set.  It's called "Snow Birdie" and is available two ways:  Plain line drawings of the image with several sentiments - I featured one of the sentiments here - and in a precolored version. There's some terrific coordinating digi papers too.  I love that you get the pre-colored versions of this image as well as the line drawings if you want to color it up yourself.

And that's just what I did - colored my own using Copics. I cut it out and assembled it onto Soft Sky cardstock cut with a Nesties #17 die.  I sponged it up to create the look of a winter sky in the background and snow in the foreground, added punched snowflakes and a scene was created! Icicle Stickles were added to shimmer up the snow and the snowman because snow just has to glisten!  And how about those adorable leg warmers this sweet little birdie is wearing to keep his bird-legs warm!

Now take a minute or two to stroll through the design team's creations at the Doodle Pantry store and Doodle Pantry Blog using all the other sets in the new release today.  You'll truly be inspired because we have some serious talent on our team!

Thanks for stopping by today!



17 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

How super sweet, Sharon! This has to be the cutest of Laurie's birdies. You created such a great scene to showcase this new set. Awesome winter card.

Unknown said...

Awww how sweet, this is gorgeous, love the cute image and so beautifully coloured xxx

Kristine said...

oooo, cutie patootie!! LOVE your cool wintery card Sharon! *Ü* Those birdies sure are adorable aren't they? You did a wonderful job with this one!

ScrappyKsue said...

This is so adorable! I love the birdie!

Heidi said...

This is so cute!
Adorable image:)
Beautiful colours and design.
Hugs, Heidi:)

nessy said...

oh what fun and just so sweet!! ~adorable xmas card!
vanessa xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Oooooh, love this, beautiful job on those adorable images. Your colouring is superb: well this cinches it, I have to make a card with this image. Great inspiration Sharon!!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute card! I love the layers of soft colors!

Patti J said...

Sharon, you have created a little Winter Wonderland scene here! Beautifully done - thanks for sharing!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Sharon, you nailed this on the head! Your card even looks cold! So cute! Love every little detail! Wonderful job coloring!
Hugs, Sarah

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Awww this couldn't be any cuter! Great snow scene :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wonderful snow scene! I love the snow glitter on the snowman birdie!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh my gosh - this is so cute. Now, I can't wait to try it myself - love the cute coloring and the little snow crystals sprinked around. I much prefer to see snow on cards than on the ground!

Kathy W. said...

Great job on this "Wintery" card! Love the sparkle.

Patti P. said...

All of the layers just make this scene pop right off of the card. Your coloring is wonderful. Love the purples and greens on the bird and the soft sky card stock is perfect with this soft image. Beautiful!
Patti

Lorianna said...

Oh WOW Sharon
This is stunning!!
LOVE IT!!!
Hugs

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE this set Sharon I can't wait to play with it, awesome card!