Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kate Krafty, A Ragamuffin at SSW

Happy Sweet Sketch Wednesday!  Time for a new challenge today and we're excited to show off our new sponsor today - Saturated Canary digi stamps.  What wonderful images we've played with for this week's challenge.  This is Kate Krafty, a Ragamuffin.

But first, here's the sketch to follow for this week's challenge.  This one is perfect for larger stamps.

Our new sponsor this week is Saturated Canary and I'm just wowed by these digital stamps. The artist and owner is Krista Smith who offers the most wonderful and whimsical designs.  She's providing the Grand Prize winner of the challenge this week with two of her digi images. Here's a little more about Krista and her work:

My name is Krista Smith.  I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis.  I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie.  They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.'  I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!).  And-- I love it!!  There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)!  I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration!  Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community!  It's been a true delight!  I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated CanaryChallenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself!  I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)

What fun it was to create with this image. I went for brighter colors on Kate Krafty because she seemed to be filled with personality, a bit mischievous and for that it just seemed fitting. The papers are My Mind's Eye "Happier" collection. You really just have to take a stroll through Saturated Canary and see all the fabulous images Krista is offering - you'll love it!  And then, pop on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see the selection of Saturated Canary images the design team created with and brought to life - that's not to be missed either!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

mulberry station said...

Oh wow, Sharon. This is a beauty. I love the creamy soft color scheme you have used. Your papers match so well and are the perfect combination. I love your flower. I need to start making some again. And, your image is colored to perfection as always.
It was so good to hear from you. I hope all is well.
Hugs, Nancy

Patti P. said...

How fabulous....love your shadowing around this cutie. Your colors and papers are spot on, as always. So much fun with Krista's images this week. Hope your week is going well.
Patti

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, I do love your card, she's just so cute. Love your colours and such pretty design papers and your handmade flower is the perfect finishing touch to your card. Vert petty. Take care hope all is well and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, your colouring is stunning! Hope things are good with you :)

Tc
Genevieve

Jeannie said...

She's just so cute! Seeing what everyone did with these different images just makes me want them all more! Your coloring is always amazing, and the papers you used match her outfit so well!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Sharon, this card is out of this world adorable!!!! I'm lovin' the bright colors and your coloring of Kate is gorgeous!! Love, love, love it!

Linda

melody said...

oh..i'm so lovin your color choices and your colored image chickie! beautiful card and take on the sketch! thanks so much for the inspiration.

and whoa...love the look of your blog...so refreshing!