Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hangin' with my Gnomies

Happy Wednesday followers, fans and bloggers! It's time for another Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge starting today.  We have a terrific sketch this week and our wonderful and popular sponsor is Whimsie Doodles with a special surprise for all of you so let's get started shall we?!

Here's the sketch by our own Arlana for this week's challenge. Once a month we bring back a favorite sketch from the past and this one is from week 33.  This is a fun sketch that I know you'll love to work with. I especially like that it provides a spot for a sentiment.

We're so lucky to have Whimsie Doodles as the sponsor this week. Melyssa, the owner and artist, is generously providing a $10 gift certificate to the Whimsie Doodles store to the Grand Prize winner of the challenge this week.  Here's more info about Whimsie Doodles:

Whimsie Doodles is so excited to be sponsoring the new challenge!  In March of 2009, Melyssa Connolly, artist and owner, began turning her whimsical hand-drawn images into digital files for sale online.  Whimsie Doodles' digital stamp line features images that range from cute little boy and girls, to punny stuff, and everything in-between.  We enjoy sharing lots of samples on our company blog, where we also post challenges and tutorials.

Special Offer for Sweet Sketch Wednesday fans:  Use the discount code SwtWed10 at the Whimsie Doodles online store and receive 10% off your next order!  Code expires 30 days from today.  So we're all winners with an offer like this - hooray!

For my DT card this week, I selected this Whimsie Doodles image called "My Gnomies" because it just brought a smile and I loved it's punny and funny sentiment which comes with the image.  These darling gnomes were brought to life with Copic markers to match the Stampin Up DP that I had selected for it's warm, earthy fall colors.  They were all cut out and then positioned on the DP focal panel using foam tape for some dimension. Easy peasy with this terrific sketch to follow.


Come visit us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see all the wonderful inspiration from the design team using Whimsie Doodles digi stamps this week.  And we'd love to have you participate in the challenge too!

Thanks for stopping by!


 

9 comments:

Genevieve said...

Hi Sharon! Your card made me smile the image is so cute & the sentiment is so fun, another beautiful card. Hope things are good with you :)

Tc
Genevieve

mulberry station said...

Oh Sharon, I loved this card from the moment I saw it. I especially like how you cut your image out. It is always so nice to have a touch of color behind the image. These little gnomes are just adorable. I love the warm feel to your pard. Your papers are perfect. I hope you have a wonderful Tahnksgiving with your family.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Sharon, this is beyond words adorable!! Lovin' that image and sentiment! And your coloring is stunning! You really brought them to life! Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love those gnomes. The colors you used are so perfect. I loved that you cut out your gnomes. Perfect touch. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs Arlana

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Oh Sharon - absolutely adore this card. How cute and cheeky are those Gnomes - you have cut them out so neatly too. I love your backing papers with the leaves on and the beautiful colours too - fantastic work Sharon - love this so much - Michelle x Happy Thanks giving

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohh is this ever cute! I love your cute gnomies and the sketch is perfect for them (: made me smile!

Patti P. said...

Sharon, this is terrific. I love the images, papers and your beautiful bow!! Very eye catching and your coloring is simply stunning on this one! I also want to tell you how much I love your blog topper and bg, just gorgeous!

Hope your holiday was wonderful.
hugs, Patti

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my Sharon, these little gnomes are adorable! Really like how you cut them out and layered onto the pattern papers.Gorgeous coloring on these little guys!

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, so sorry I'm so late this week it's been one of those weeks. I love those little gnomes very very cute. Great image to use on a masculine card and they aren't easy. Love your colours and the way you cut them out. Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox