Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch #128

Happy Wednesday and you know what Wednesday brings....another challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!  Today we have another fun sketch for you and our monthly sponsor Digi Stamp Boutique.

Here's the sketch to follow this week - lots of wonderful layers and room for some fun embellishments.  Hard to believe we're on sketch #128 - wow! 

We're sponsored this week by Digi Stamp Boutique who is our monthly sponsor and has been from the very beginning of SSW.  The Grand Prize winner of the sketch challenge this week will receive 6 digi stamps of their choice from the Digi Stamp Boutique store.  Thanks Sally Ann for the wonderful prize package!

I've used the adorable "Winter Hattie" from Digi Stamp Boutique on my card this week. She was colored with Copics to match the Kaiser Craft papers I've used here.  I've added some red and diamond Stickles to the image to match the sparkle from the star embellishments (Recollections) I chose for the sketch.  Only by luck did my star embellishment match the same size as the star in the digi image - love it when that happens! I think it adds some great dimension to the focal point of the card.

Now stop on by Sweet Sketch Wednesday and check out the fun cards the DT created with Digi Stamp Boutique images.  And remember when you play along in the challenge, leave a comment on the SSW blog to be eligible for the Grand Prize.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi Sharon - your card is so gorgeous. I love what you have done with Hattie and her balloon star. The backing papers and embellishments are all wonderful. I especially love the colours of the backing paper - have a lovely week - Michelle x

mulberry station said...

I love those star embellishment and can't believe that you didn't cut them out and make them. They really are the perfect size and match the star in your image so well. I love this image. She is so sweet. Your papers are darling too. Have a great week Sharon. I hope all is well in your part of the world.
Hugs, Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely fabulous, marvelous, and wonderful!!! How perfect that your stars match!!! Lots of glitter and shine on this lovely card!!

Linda

nessy said...

love the sparkly stars ~such a sweet image too!
vanessa xx

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon your card is perfect I do love her star balloon and your embellishments were such a perfect match it was amazing. Love the colours you've used. Thanks for the great post this week, take care and have a gret week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Jeannie said...

Hattie is just adorable and the glittery stars are just beautiful! Love it all! Great blog post this week too. Have a great week!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

Wow Sharon this is gorgeous! I just love the sparkly stars. Hope your daughter had a nice birthday, she's a beautiful girl :)

Tc
Genevieve

Patti P. said...

Beautiful....love those stars. Your papers and colors are so fresh and pretty. Your card makes me happy. Have a great week.

Patti

melody said...

yummy! what a darlin colored image...and those glittered stars..are scrumptious! beautiful work as always!

Arlana 11426 said...

Your card is the sweetest. I love that image , colors , paper and added starts. Sorry I am so late posting a comment. HUGS Arlana

ThePurplePlace said...

I absolutely LOVE this digi and bought it myself, as soon as I saw it at DSB. It's just my style and I have since bought more of the sweet Hattie digis.

I LOVE how you colored here and am always so in awe of your amazing talent! It's nice to stop by and I know I should be by more often, but I have a hard time keeping up!!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Season....and lots of fun and happy days of crafting!!

Hugs,
Lis