Friday, March 2, 2012

Another Inky Day!

Happy Friday fans and followers. I wanted to share a card I made for Inky Impressions that was for the Inky Inspirations Blog.  The focus of my post there is on using lots of layers in your card making. You all know how I love layers and this one is a good example.  Eight layers on this one, three layers on just the ribbon alone. And even the flower embellishment is layered!

I used Inky Impressions' Chatterbox Lili and colored her with Copic markers. I had the fun phone papers already in my stash and don't they coordinate perfectly with this dear Lili?!

Once again this fabulous sketch from Seems A Little Sketchy was my inspiration.  I adore this sketch - probably because of all the layers - ya think?!!  It's also a fun sketch for mixing a bunch of patterned papers which is also what I tried to achieve on my card.

So there you have it - a great way to start off a Friday don't you think?  Pop on over to the Inky Inspiration Blog and see what the Inkettes show there to inspire new ideas, techniques and just plain creativity.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

AllisonG said...

I love that image with the phone patterned paper. It's a great card for a tween or teen girl and those are kind of hard to make, in my opinion. Thanks for playing along a second time at Seems A Little Sketchy. It was such a great sketch this time around, wasn't it?! Tomorrow the newest sketchy challenge will post so be sure to stop by.