Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Play Ball!

It's another Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Today I'm celebrating the start of baseball season. My son has played the game since he was just a little guy and now is on the JV baseball team at our high school. The games started last week and he's doing great this season. He's a center fielder and as the coach says nothing gets by him! So I couldn't resist this terrific image from our sponsor this week, Fresh Brewed Designs.

Here's the fun and quick to put together sketch for this week's challenge. Another fab design by our own Arlana.
We welcome back Fresh Brewed Designs as our sponsor this week. It's been a while and we're so glad to have the opportunity to inspire you with Heather's images.  The Grand Prize winner of the sketch this week will receive three digis of their choice from the Fresh Brewed Designs store - a terrific prize!  Thanks Heather for your generosity.

The digi I've used is "Tommy Baseball" from Fresh Brewed Designs and was so much fun to use and embellish with baseball themed papers, balls and the small mitt.  The papers are digital from Jessica Weible Illustrations and the embellies are from Jollies Boutique.

I hope you'll play along with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Hop on over to the challenge blog and see all the terrific cards the design Divas created for your inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Sharon, this is adorable! We are a baseball family, too! Sounds like you son is a great CF! He will love this card. You've colored beautifully and I love the ball and mit embellishments!

mulberry station said...

It is so fun to see our sons play ball. I know I always loved going to my sons games. Wow, you found the perfect papers and emblishments for your card. And, what a fantastic job on coloring this one up. Have a great week, Sharon. hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, love the colours and sweet image, so cute xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Just fabulous Sharon! Everything about it screams 'boy', perfect!

Arlana 11426 said...

Sharon you have made your baseball card so perfect. I love the papers you used with you card. Have a sweet day and thanks for posting. Arlana@SSW!!!

Jeannie said...

What a great card in honor of your son! Love those brads and that fun paper!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Patti P. said...

Wonderful, I have two baseball playing Godsons that would love getting a card like this. Thanks for the inspiration...what fabulous papers!
Have a wonderful week, Sharon.
hugs...

Heide said...

Your card is just perfect! When I saw it I thought of Nick... LOve the balls and glove. Have a good week.
Hugs, Heide

Whisper said...

Am loving the great papers and fabby embellishments, especially the glove, Luv Sam x

Linda Anderson said...

This is such a fun and fabulous card Sharon! Gorgeous coloring, that's for sure. And the perfect papers and embellies are great!! Love it.

Linda

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

My little Tommy just started his baseball season at the rec center. He is on the mudcats and is in machine pitch this year. This car is PERFECT!!! I smiled Soo big when I saw it!!! Your papers and the embellies are amazing!!! This card totally made my day! I will have to make him one in red and black for the mudcats team :))

It is always a pleasure to sponsor SSW, you ladies are the best!

Big hugs
Heather D.

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon what a perfect masculine card, I guess you'll give it to your son. Your design papers and embellishments are the most perfect finishing touch to your card just perfect. Take care.
Hugs
Kathie
xox