Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Poolside Inspiration

This card was inspired by yet another swim suit fabric that I saw while catching some rays at the pool last week. The swim suit had these colors in a similar grid-type pattern.

I stamped out my images from Papertrey Ink's Friends til the End stamp set (love this set - could use it everyday!) and colored it with my Copics.

Before cutting it up, I stamped polka dots all over using Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics set (another fav of mine).

I cut the 4"x5" image into 1 inch squares and then mounted them on black cardstock. Since my inchies got all mixed together in the process, it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle! Think I got a couple of them turned cockeyed in the mess but you can't really tell.

The overall card is 6x6" and was scored at the 5" mark to leave the front flap just short of the back so the inside card polka dots could show at the bottom. This technique was really easy to do and I just love the color combination. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for visiting my site today!


Recipe:
Stamps - Papertrey Ink Friends Til The End, Polka Dot Basics, SU Oval All
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers for the images
Cardstock - Papertrey Ink Spring Moss, SU Black and Whisper White
Accessories - SU Scallop Oval punch

2 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Fantastic, glad you got your jigsaw back together! Such pretty flowers.

Heide said...

Do you ever sleep? This was posted at 2am! are you crazy! I do LOVE, LOVE this card!