Thursday, July 9, 2009

Madame Butterfly

Today's post is a thank you card for Emma at Lady & the Stamp for the help she gave me in creating my blog. She is so fun to be with and so encouraging. It's that encouragement that prompted this blog. I happen to think Emma is so very talented and creative. Her creations inspire me.

So last night Emma and my dear friend Heide (see her incredible SCS gallery here) came over and we had a literal blogfest! Emma introduced Heide and I to the Michigan Mingle gals on their Splitcoast Stampers thread. You can tell they're a lively group of ladies that I can't wait to know better!
So over Sanders Bumpy Cake (to die for!) and with two netbooks we created this blog and met the minglers at the same time. Was a fun evening even though we didn't stamp! Thanks ladies for the giggles and so many thanks Emma for your help, encouragement and friendship. I'm truly blessed with two great stamping friends.


The papers I used for this thank you card are so elegant and very fitting for Emma. I've used Pattern Paper's Ambrosia line - "Winsome" and "Chutney" on the outside of the card and "Fresh-Squeezed" on the inside. The card is 5 1/2 x 11" and scored at 3 3/4 and 1 3/4". I think they call this a gate fold card. More details in the recipe below.



Thanks for visiting my blog!





Recipe:
Stamps - SU Great Friend, Elegant Thank You
Paper - SU Basic Gray, White Naturals, Dusty Durango and Bazzill Basics Mango cardstock
Ink - SU Basic Gray, Dusty Durango
Accessories - Rhinestones, Nesties Label 4 dies

1 comment:

Emma Fewkes said...

EEEK! I'm so excited! How sweet you are to say such lovely things about Heide and myself. Didn't we have fun though? And this card is just lovely ... can't wait to see it!