Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hey There Chickadee

The new Papertrey stamps are here - hooray!

Just got my order for this month's Papertrey Ink new release and just couldn't contain myself. Had to get ink on the set used here "Everyday Button Bits". The images are the cutest ever and so easy peasy to whip up a quick card.

I decided to go with the Splitcoast Clean and Simple color challenge using Turquoise, Yellow and Orange. Because it wasn't more specific on what ink to use, I decided on Tangerine, Summer Sun and Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist.

This stamp set has several images designed to use with buttons of all shapes, plus many coordinating messages. I stamped the chickadee images in tangerine and with my marker and Dove Blender pen embellished the tail feathers of these little chicks a bit more.

For the bird's eyes, I simply used a black brad. The polka dots were stamped using PTI's Polka Dot Basics II - another new set from this month's release. I love polka dots and they're perfect with these little chicks! I did a bit of paper piercing and dots with my white gel pen to finish it off.


Thanks for visiting my blog today! Won't you consider following me by clicking the link to the right? Have a great day.

Recipe:
Stamps - Papertrey Ink Everyday Button Bits, Polka Dot Basics II
Cardstock - Papertrey Ink White and Aqua Mist, SU Tangerine
Ink - SU Tangerine, Summer Sun; Papertrey Aqua Mist, Palette Noir Black
Accessories - Papertrey Aqua Mist vintage buttons, black brads, scallop edge punch, paper piercer

No comments: