Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fleur de Lis


I made this card for the color challenge on Splitcoast, however...

I was in such a hurry to get the card put together using the rose that I had previously watercolored (and hadn't done anything with it - except pick out the colors I knew I wanted to use). I was excited because the color challenge today was the exact colors (I thought) that I had set aside for the image.

NOT!!!

The challenge specified Celery, Apricot and Pixie Pink, not Pretty in Pink that I used! Ugh. Posted it anyway since I had begun by stamping the rose on watercolor paper in Pixie Pink (so by a slim margin I think it still qualified for the color challenge!) At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, it gives me an excuse to do another card for the challenge using more of the Pixie Pink!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Recipe:
Stamps - SU Fifth Avenue Floral, Swiss Dot Background, Baroque Motifs
Paper - Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Watercolor paper, Whisper White
Ink - PIXIE PINK, Pretty in Pink, Celery, White Craft, Summer Sun
Accessories - Spellbinders Fleur de Lis and Scallop Square dies, Fiskers Heritage corner punch, EK Success Fleur de Lis edge punch, SU white grosgrain ribbon, Half pearls

1 comment:

Emma Fewkes said...

Well, it doesn't matter if the pink wasn't 'pixie' ... it's just the most beautiful card Sharon. Just wonderful :)