Sunday, July 19, 2009

Butterflies & Branches

Made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast today. The featured stamper this week is Minnidr. I chose this card in her gallery to CASE.

I was so taken with her card! For the challenge I changed the birds to butterflies, the colors used and some other slight modifications.

To get the cloud effect on the background, I punched out a SU scallop circle and sponged around it with Brocade Blue ink, moving it around the card to get the right effect. I had a perfect stamp for the branches - Hero Arts "Long Branch" - just stamped it on Chocolate Chip cardstock twice and cut them out. I used my Martha Stewart punch for the leaves.

The butterflies were stamped in Tangerine and Durango for a little variation and interest. I used glue to adhere the butterflies - only the centers so the wings can be folded upward. Topped them off with rhinestones 'cause you just got to have glitter somewhere!

Easy peasy card from a great inspiration piece! Thanks for visiting my blog!



Recipe
:
Stamps: SU Great Friend, Hero Arts Long Branch
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Durango, Mellow Moss, Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Durango, Tangerine, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue
Accessories: SU Scallop Oval punch, rhinestones

No comments: