Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Morning Glory - Doodle Pantry Release!

Welcome back! Today we're showcasing the new release images at Doodle Pantry and introducing a new challenge on the Doodle Pantry blog.  I thought this day would never get here - I get so excited for a new release, especially when they are so fun to create with like the new images debuting today.

This beautiful Morning Glory image is one of the new digi stamps and it includes the double flower and three sentiments.

Here a closeup of the image that was colored with Copics, cut out and mounted on the oval panel. I colored a second set and cut out the larger flower and leaf to give more dimension to the image panel. You can see the dimension a little better in the photo below....

I used designer papers from Echo Park's "For the Record" collection, the beaded oval Nestabilities for the image panel and blue pearls from Recollections.  And the card design/layout is the challenge this week for all of you - it's a sketch challenge...

Your choice this week as to which sketch you choose for the Doodle Pantry DPDC10 challenge - simple or fancy. For my card I primarily used the simple sketch but added the pearls embellishments from the fancy sketch because I thought my card just needed a little something more : )

Ok so this darling button says it all - come join us in this sketch challenge! You have until April 4th to enter a card or paper project using the sketch. And please visit the Doodle Pantry blog where you can see all the wonderful cards that the design team created to get you inspired.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful flower and card sharon.

greetings karin

K. Joy said...

This is gorgeous, Shannon!! The colors, papers, and pearls are just stunning! I love your coloring on the flower - your coloring always makes me want to stop and study. :)

Lorie said...

Oh, Sharon...this is beautiful! Your color and choice of papers/colors are just dead on. Great card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous. The coloring of the flower is beautiful and your take on the sketch rocks!

Patti P. said...

I love morning glories and this is such a beautiful set. Great job on this Sharon, love the papers you chose and your coloring is amazing, as always. Tfs and have a great week.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome!! What a truly beautiful cards. LOVE IT.

Robbie said...

Sharon, this is just lovely, your coloring is amazing on this image and I love the way you cut out and mounted and then added the extra layer for dimension as well.

Heide said...

Sharon, what a lovely card. Great coloring of the Morning glories! So pretty!

Lisa said...

Oh another gorgeous card! Your image is colored perfectly - I just *love* it!!! :)

Kathy W. said...

That's beautiful Sharon. Love the colors!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Sharon, this is really a beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful and I love that DP. Great card!
hugs, Sarah

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very beautiful colouring! I love it!

Rockland County Real Estate said...

So GorJus! The morning glory card! My company name is Morning Glory Realty.

May I have permission to post your image on my blog? I posted it there already but will immediately take it down. I did put a credit link back to you of course.

Do you sell these cards?

Thank you.

Angela Chan
www.angelasphere.com