Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow


Happy Saturday everyone! March is a big month at Sugar Creek Hollow because we're celebrating our first anniversary. Throughout the month we have special activities planned, prizes to win and general fun on the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog and each of the design team blogs. And we're kicking it off today with a sketch challenge, a guest designer and some blog candy! So bear with me on this long post because I want you to know what all the events are in the month (listed later in this post).

But first I'd like to introduce Darlene Pavlick  My Photo who has joined the Sugar Creek Hollow team as our March Guest Designer. I'm sure you recognize Darlene's creative work throughout the web - she's an active participant on SCS, CDAC and in many challenges around the cyber world, including our own challenges here at Sugar Creek Hollow.  Please give a warm welcome to her by visiting her blog, Dar's Crafty Creations, and leaving some love for her there. Welcome Darlene!

Now on to the challenge this week - it's a sketch challenge and we all know how fun those are so get your creativity ready and join us by making a card with this sketch.

Here's a closeup on my challenge card using Sugar Creek Hollow's "Vintage Balloon". This digi is perfect for creating those guy cards that we often think are so difficult to make. Here, I simply printed the balloon on some world map DP from a K&Company collection called "Life's Journey" (The red DP is also from this collection). I distressed it a bit using Tea Dye ink from Tim Holtz and cut it out. The other papers are from Making Memories (Transportation Panorama-base panel) and 7 Gypsies (Columbia - transportation tickets). The sentiment I created to go with the theme of the card but could easily be a birthday or other sentiment.

Now on to the details on our March anniversary events....

Tracy, the wonderful owner of Sugar Creek Hollow has put together a lovely package of blog candy that could be yours! To be eligible to win this anniversary prize package, just head to the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog and follow the instructions to enter. The winner will be chosen on March 31.

Sugar Creek Hollow
And here's a peak at the other fun events we're having the rest of the month:

March 12 - Our first guest designer picked from the challenge Cards of the Week will join us

March 19 - We're having a blog hop with prizes to be won on each designer's blog as well as a grand prize on the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog

March 26 - We'll have a contest to name a new image that will be released

We'll have more details on each of the events in the coming weeks but make sure you mark your calendars to join us so you don't miss any of the fun!

And now, I'll just close this long post with a huge thank you to all the participants of our weekly challenges. We truly are blown away by the gorgeous work you submit week after week in our challenges. It has become so difficult to pick favorites for the Card of the Week! You are the ones that make Sugar Creek Hollow a success and for that we are deeply appreciative!

As always, thanks for stopping by my blog!




10 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... thanks for the ever so sweet welcome! I truly appreciate it and am THRILLED to be working side by side with you ladies this month! I gain so much inspiration from each of you!!

Your creation today is AMAZING and TOTALLY WONDERFUL! LOVE the vintage balloon and how you've colored it! Just perfect and what a wonderful interpretation of the sketch! WELL DONE ...

Nancy said...

Sharon, your card is amazing...love what you did with the image and your color combination!! Awesome!!

Heide said...

I love the masculine feel to your card! You always amaze me Sharon. My favorite part is he paper you used on the hot air balloon.

Patti P. said...

What perfect papers for this image. Life's Journey and Ancestry.com are two of my fav packs from K&Co.....I have bought this image and haven't used it yet....thanks for the inspiration. Wonderful creation, as always.

Tracy Vinson said...

What a lovely, vintage, masterpiece you have created!!! It even matches your blog...teehee. The old-world map DP is just genious to use on that image.

Chrissy said...

This is fantastic.What a great masculine card.Now I have to buy that stamp....image...as I have 6 male birthdays in the next 2 months.
Fabulous job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Moore said...

One of the best man cards I have ever seen! You have really done a wonderful job with this image, your post is fantastic and as always I received a full dose of eye candy! Thank so much for all your inspiration!
hugs
donna

Renee Matarese said...

I love those earth tones! This would be a fantastic birthday card for a guy. I absolutely love the map DP that you printed the balloon on. Fantastic job!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Sharon this is awesome the vintage look is my favourite, the images and distressing works for me big time I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sharon. I love vintage as well as hot air balloons. You combined both beautifully!