Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow


Happy Saturday everyone! It's another sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow with the start of a fun, new challenge I know all of you are going to like. We're challenging you to create a card or project with "Handmade Flowers" and excited to see what inspiration you can share with us!

Here's a closeup of the handmade flowers I created for my Sugar Creek Hollow card this week. Isn't this hydrangea flower beautiful?! I learned of this from a fellow blogger, Zulma (My Little Scrappy Owl blog), from a challenge entry she submitted in the Sugar Creek Hollow "Inside Out" challenge a couple weeks ago. Zulma has a fantastic tutorial on making this flower and you can view it HERE on her blog. Please visit her blog and tutorial and leave her a little love - her creations will inspire you.

I created my card using the Sugar Creek Hollow digi "Eastern Bluebird". I colored this wonderful bird using Prismacolor pencils and gamsol for blending. It's framed in a diecut only available from Heartfelt Creations. The papers used for the frames and card background are from Webster Pages.

Now for some other exciting news, I'd like to introduce the newest guest designer at Sugar Creek Hollow and the first guest designer selected from our "Card of the Week" winners. It's LANEY and you can see her wonderful creations at her blog, "Laney's Place".

My Photo

Laney's beautiful challenge card as our guest designer and the rest of the inspirational cards from the Sugar Creek Hollow design team can be seen at the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog. Come visit us won't you? We love your comments each week about our cards and projects and would love for you to share your creativity with us in the "Handmade Flower" challenge this week. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Carissa said...

This is gorgeous. The papers, the image and the flowers are all so beautiful together.
Hugs, Carissa

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have created a wonderful card sheron.
your flowers are beautiful to.

greetings karin

Zulma said...

Oh! this is beautiful Sharon. Really awesome flowers and whole card! I'm glad that my tutorial is part of your inspiration. Many thanks to you to include my blog as part of your links. Thanks!!!!!
Hugs, Zulma Santiago

Renee Matarese said...

Sharon, this is stunning. Those flowers are amazing! I'm going to have to try this. I love the frame around the bird. You've colored him so perfectly!

Darlene said...

WOW Sharon this is FABULOUS! LOVE those flowers ... I'll have to give these a try!! Beautiful creation! Have a wonderful weekend!

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous creation and your flowers are stunning. Everyone has really did a fab job this week....now off to see Zulma, thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend.

Donna Moore said...

Sharon, I think you must have mojo in your genes as well as a huge supply of vintage, this is a breathtaking creation of beauty! It is really hard to know exactly where to start, but let me just say I am in awe of your flowers! Thanks for sharing the site to learn how to do this! Bravo on your art!!!
hugs
donna

Tracy Vinson said...

I am just amazed and these sweet little gems that you have created! They remind me too, of forget-me knots. So dainty and the perfect look with your already stunning card. Going to have to check out her tutorial.

Heide said...

Sharon the flowers are just stunning! Great card too! I love this bird and you have done a wonderful job with it.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Sharon this is absolutely beautiful, the colours, that image along with the flower it all looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dawn Edwards said...

Sharon I just love coming to your blog all your work is so elegant and so inspiring. I Love the colors on this card and your blue bird is just Divine. Prisma and gamsol is my favorite coloring method and you have done an amazing job. The flowers are so dainty and Cute and accented with your handmade leaves make a stunning effect. Thanks for all the inspiration as always.
Dawn

marsha said...

Sharon, your card is just stunning this week! The colors are so rich and the flowers are just yummy! Thanks for providing the info on how to make these.
Hugs,
Marsha