Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #92

Happy Wednesday, middle of the week, halfway to the weekend everyone! It's indeed a wonderful day with the start of a new sketch challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!  We have a "quick to put together" sketch for you this week and another wonderful sponsor.

The Digi Doodle Shop is our sponsor this week. They have an incredible assortment of digi stamps that will make your mouth water. The owner, Judy, has generously provided a $10 Gift Certificate to the Grand Prize Winner of the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge this week. Thanks Judy!

Here's the sketch to follow this week. What I love about this sketch is that it goes together quickly and also shows off your DP in the background instead of covering most of it up. So it's great with both large and small patterned papers.

This adorable Digi Doodle Shop image is called "Fascination" and you can find it HERE.  I just fell in love with this darling bear cub the moment I saw him. He was colored with Copic markers which I also used to create the grass he is sitting upon.  I've used the new Stella and Rose collection papers (Gertie 6x6 pad) from My Mind's Eye - they are gorgeous papers aren't they? The ric-rac paper strip was created with a Papertrey Ink diecut and the flower is K&Company.

Please be sure to stop by the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog to see the rest of the design team creations using this sketch - you'll be inspired by them. Sure hope you join in the challenge this week! 

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card sharon, and paper.
lovely bear.

greetings karin

Kathie said...

Hi Sharon, he is the cutest bear just love your colours design papers and embellishments they have worked perfectly together. I love how he's just sitting looking at that Butterfly. Just a great image you could used for so many cards.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Hubby must nearly be as good as new now?
Take care
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Patti P. said...

Sharon, what an adorable image and love your coloring on him....also this is a great choice of papers. Lovely, tfs.

Linda Anderson said...

Such a cutie of a card Sharon!!! I missed this image too...I really should take more time when I'm picking them out!!!!! I'm with you, a wonderful sketch to show off your papers. Hey, I have that ric rac die, why didn't I think to use it?! Thanks for the reminder! Have a great week!!

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Sharon, your card is too sweet! How do you do it every week! I always love the papers you choose! Arlana and I think you go shopping every week for your card!!!! Are we right? Love your layered flower!

mulberry station said...

Hi Sharon, your little bear is just the cutest thing ever! I love your color scheme. You always put together the perfectg combination of papers. I wonder sometimes where you find such cute papers. I agree with Judi, I think you must go shopping weekly to find your perfect papers. have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Nancy

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a darling image. I love the way he is looking at the butterfly. A real stunner Sharon!

Deanne :)

Arlana 11426 said...

Hello Sharon , I love thet sweet Bear image. Yes me and judi think you go shopping ever week to find that perfect paper. It always matches your image so perfectly. Have a sweet week!!!

Jeannie said...

He is just adorable and the papers are really fun with this image as well. Another sweet creation!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my he is just adorable Sharon, and of course those papers are just gorgeous!! Love the rick rack die but I am so taken with your grass - your cards are always so beautifully colored..

Hope your have a great week!!

Genevieve said...

Oh Sharon he is super cute, I just love his wee tuft of hair, gorgeous card. Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Tc
Genevieve